1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Post Militaire Mounted Hussar Trumpeter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kagemusha, Sep 15, 2021.

1. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for kind words on the base Nap...much appreciated (y)

When Del first mentioned the up-turned canon barrel I wasn't sure but...as said...I am so glad I went with it...the perfect counterpoint to the figure IMHO.

I love doing horses...especially dappled grey's...so many to draw inspiration from...more so because I love using several techniques on them...stippling...airbrushing...transparent oils...glazes etc. etc.
    Add to that the colours in the rider...a black sheepskin saddle...the dappled grey...all have to blend with the groundwork...which dictated the colours I chose for it (base)...to create a balance to all the elements.

Ron
    Oda and Nap like this.
  2. Cannonball A Fixture

Pulling up a chair for this Ron. Super start on the base and looking forward to seeing the horse and figure with some paint on. Got a trumpeter Orleans Cavalry (Bonapartes) on the bench at the moment-couldn’t muster the funds for the original PM version back in the day but always wanted to get my hands on some of the PM mounted figures. Works of art in their own right.

Neal
    Oda and kagemusha like this.
  3. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    Nice to see a SBS from the very beginning.I remember seeing this all-time-classic figure in an old Military Modelling magazine and a very good painted example in Verlinden´s War Paint issue.
    But the price was in that times lightyears away from my wallet :cry::grumpy:.....if I find a metall example,I´ll catch them up!
    kagemusha likes this.
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Neal,
    glad you like the start mate...and pleased to have you along.
    I did the Orleans trumpeter many moons ago when it was released...got gold at the annual BMSS comps with it...well chuffed.
    The finest mounted figures of their day...and still so even in today's market IMHO...as you rightly say...works of art.

Cheers for comment.

Ron
    Oda likes this.
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Always enjoyed sharing the process of a lot of my pieces...if it helps others it makes it all the more enjoyable.
    To be fair to Ray...you always got your moneys worth...but yes...a considerable outlay at the time.
    I can genuinely recommend Bonapartes castings of the PM range...never been disappointed with one yet...and personally...I think they are reasonable prices by today's standards.

Cheers

Ron
    Oda likes this.
  6. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Ron

Hope you don't mind I was shown some pics of horses which might be of use in this project ..stunning markings

Happy benchtime

Nap
    IMG_1756.JPG IMG_1757.JPG IMG_1759.JPG IMG_1758.JPG IMG_1760.JPG
    DaddyO, Oda and kagemusha like this.
  7. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Nap,
    I welcome any input as always mate :)
    First and second pics are beautiful...either one would fit with the overall colour scheme of base and rider (y)

Much appreciated,

Ron
    Oda and Nap like this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    I really like that base, it will really set it off. Good to see you back at it mate(y)
    Steve
    Oda and kagemusha like this.
  9. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    I like to think that the base makes an ideal setting for this particular figure...and a pleasant change from grass/rocks etc.
    It's been a fair while since I had the brushes out...but couldn't resist having a go with this one.
    Helm and Nap like this.