1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Porte-drapeau of the Gatinais Regiment,Yorktown 1781

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jan 21, 2012.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Finally finished.
    I spent a great deal of time painting the flag,still not to happy with the result but being my "first time" painting a flag i am ok with it.
    I tried to add contrast between the "whites" on the coat and vest,so the cream white is slightly different than the officer on the ensign's side.
    Best regards

Attached Files:

Christosjager, Edorta, gudel and 4 others like this.
  2. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bonsoir Marquis,
    I like both of them...especially how you treated the 'white' surtouts. Is that L'Auvergne Regiment? Are the figures originals or stock (Models et Allures)? Well done et bon chance!
    Jay
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello Jay and thanks for visiting my thread :)
    Yes,this regiment is cousin of the well reputed Auvergne,part of that regiment became Gatinais in the west indies and America.
    this regiment was granted Royal Auvergne in 1783 when returned to France by King Louis XVI due to its bravery during the american revolution.
    The body of the figure is from Modeles et Allures 1767 Navarre regiment,i did some modifications to resemble the 1779 infantry regulation uniform.
    The legs are from Miniwelt( VID soldiers) in ukraine ,hat is from scratch.
    Best regards
    gudel likes this.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nicely done... love this era for subjects. What is the scale here?

CJ
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Very nice Daniel, I'm looking forward to seeing the next additions to your project.

Roger.
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Nice work Daniel, interesting subject with some unusual colours for the cabinet.

Keith
  7. gudel Member

Italy
    Nice job.
    Gus
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Daniel, nice work in this new figure. I ´ve seen this flag painted in black and blue, as yours, and in black and purple. There´s another version with the squares 1,4 in black, and 2,3 in purple. Please tell us if you know more about this flag. I think the vest white, is slightly tinted grey/ocre too, as the coat.

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    CJ,the scale of the body is supposedly 54mm,but is a real 60mm.
    Look here :
    http://modeles.etallures.free.fr/catalogue.php?idcat=23&categorie=yes

The head is from JMD,whis is a 65mm,but fits ok on the figure.
    You can send me a PM with any questions you may have,happy to help.:)
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hi Roger,thanks for passing by :).
    I will be posting a WIP of the next figure,it is one of the 6 grenadiers in this regiment,lot of painting to do :cool:
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks gus,i feel that i rushed to finish this one a little bit but all and all i am happy with it.
    best regards
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello Eduardo,there is few versions of this flag regarding the hue of color of it,i decided to paint a violet blue,leaning towards blue,reason being is that in few archives i red they mention that color is based on the person"s own interpretation of it.
    I red on the Men at Arms book "French army of the American independence" that for example,the gatinais were seeing as 'blue' facings ,the Soissonnois crimson was refered as 'great rose' and Viennois steel-grey was viewed as blue.
    So to avoid doing everything purple i used a blue-violet approach on the flag,the squares are based on 4 different version i have seen.

The coat i used a mix of Vallejo Ivory and offwhite.
    The vest i used deck tan straight from the bottle,as i usually use that for vest and pants.
    Good to see you over here
    Buen fin de semana
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Added more pics that i took today,with better light.
    I still suck at taking good pics but at i think it shows the colors better on the pics i took today.
  14. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Daniel great work on the whites and a nice job on the flag. I know there's a long way to go but really looking forward to see it all come together. Following with interest.(y)

Cheers Ken
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Ken :)
    I am already working on 3 grenadiers of the Gatinais regiment at the moment,lot of painting to do still,but i think when all is done it will be a very nice display.
    Thanks for passing by,bregards.