1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pollen Ecstacy

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rej, Sep 12, 2010.

1. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    She is REALLY READY :D

I would like to share just a small update of what went on during the resin/water process by Deluxe Materials which is a VERY GOOD PRODUCT.

I mixed the first batch which dried perfectly in 24hrs , but which did not overlap the leaf's lowered rear part. So I mixed another batch to cover this area and poured it over, this time filling the basin to the brim :(

I must have miscalculated the 2:1 ratio of resin to hardener and put in more resin so IT NEVER DRIED UP & REMAINED THE SAME GOOEY CONSISTECNY :( I really wanted to cry, but obviously I did not :D

So after much brainstorming, I scraped away ama as I could, but managed to leave some "markings" on the surface :( so I fixed a rim of black telephone wire around the basin's perimiter with super glue to deepen the basin, since obviously I managed to fill to the brim the day before :( sanded it off :( repainted the rim with black :( mixed another batch of resin to which I added a bit more hardener this time ;) diluted the resin with Vallejo bronze green, since transparent as it was, my "markings" would show beneath and poured it on, again obviously managing to fill it to the brim :D

It does looks OK now, except where it overlaps the rear of the leaf which diluted as it is with Vallejo's bronze green appears "murky even where so very shallow" but I'm trying to IMAGINE as if from amidst ALL that murkiness, blossomed a beautiful flower :D

Hope to see most of you soon in Folkestone :)

Keep safe ALL......

Ray ;)

Attached Files:

Steve, redhorse, Meehan34 and 8 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ray, a brilliant finish. Looks like I'll have to fight my way through he crowds to get a decent look at this beauty. (y)

Cheers Ken
  3. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Beautiful end result Ray look forward to seeing it soon.

Cheers David
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ray,
    Excellent finish and thanks for the info.
    Cheers
    John
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Ray - this is nothing but downright brilliant! Just gorgeous!

All the best,
    Dan
  6. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful Ray,from concept to creation.
  7. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Ray!

I echoe the others, its brilliant.:)
    Nice to have you in blog world.(y)
  8. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Excellent work my friend!!!

Alexandros
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Colorful and unique-Compliments!!!
    chris
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Indeed briljant and awesome work.
    Gonna look after it on Sunday.

marc
  11. el cid New Member

Canada
  12. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very beautifully done and considering the probs you had in between with resin water, you couldn't tell, well done !(y)
  13. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I love the colours you have used and the way you have applied them. The detail down her legs is perfect and the overall effect is great. I believe that you tossed around the idea of painting the wing veins black, I personally think it would be worth the effort, but that is just me. Great work
    Ben
  14. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Hello Ray,

that is not only a figure, that is art !!!

Absolut brillant !!!!

Karsten
  15. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Yes Ben I did toss around that idea, but eventually settled for an outline beneath each vein acting as a shadow sort of........time was running out and had to finish the job :eek:

Thanks for you kind words......much appreiated :)

Ray ;)
  16. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    To ONE & ALL.......you are ALL too kind for your overly praise......I appreciate.

Had to change the caption on the nameplate since my attention was drawn by a club member that Pollen canot be drunk/sucked so it now reads "Nectar Ecstasy" :D

Ray ;)
  17. Don Well-Known Member

Ray Another wonderful work from you, your use and choice of colours for her are superb, well done.
    Will see her very shortly and hope she will be bringing you some ecstasy.
    See you at the weekend.

Don
  18. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Looking forward to meet my Scottish Clan my friend and thanks for your kind words :)

Ray ;)
  19. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Superb piece of work Ray!
    Beautiful blue colored wings.
    Gonna have a close look at Euro.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  20. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stunning finish to this beauty Ray, i love it !!!

Steve(y)