1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Polish Winged Hussar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mark Yungblut, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Mark Yungblut Member

United-States
    Hi again,

This too was one of my favorites. It’s an old lead model (I can’t for the life of me remember who made the kit). I did some major reworking of the base model and added a ton of details to the horse furniture etc. I based this Winged Hussar on the cover of the Osprey men-at arms book. Unfortunately this kit suffered from metal fatigue and the horses legs literally disintegrated. It was painted with oils and enamles.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This sculpt won several golds in the past.

Cheers,

Mark
  2. giorgiomalteser Active Member

Malta
    That is a really nice figure and you did a great repair and paint job. Well done.:D
  3. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Mark, that is an ALMOND SCULPTURES kit dating early 80's if I'm not mistaken and I happen to have that kit in the grey army :eek:

It's a beautiful piece and the horse ranks alongside Poste Militaire's best IMHO

Ray ;)
  4. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mark,

I'm curious about the metal fatigue, dose this mean that all metal kits have a limited shelf life? Do all metal kits have a 'use by' date therefore making them un-collectible and valueless over time?

Cheers,
    Jon.
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Mark,

Very nice. If I am not mistaken I met you many, I mean many years ago at MFCA. You had some skeletons with homemade chain mail.

Joe
  6. Mark Yungblut Member

United-States
    Hey Joe,

Yes that would be correct I had a 250mm skeleton warrior that had hand made scale chainmail. One of these days I plan to get back the the MFCA...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Jon,

Many of the older mounted kits did not have any reenforcement molded into the legs (poste Militaire was one of the exceptions). Additionally the higher lead content made the metal open to fatique and in some instances what was called Rot. It was nothing more than lead oxidation.

Mark
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Another excellent painted figure.
    The horse is fabulous painted.

marc