1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Polish winged Hussar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Normo, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hail Gang
    My version of the Diorama Studios Winged Hussar.

Quite a basic cast and does need work, for instance I cut off all the feathers stems to a length of approx 1/2" inch and replaced them with thin wire all 32 of 'em! this is to prevent accidents in transit for shows etc.Also glued stips on the feather carriers as they were a bit "rough"

Painted in oils, acrylics and car spay Quite a challenge but well worth it as I had wanted to paint this for a very long time.

Thanks to Mathew at El Greco Miniatures who helped me when I bought the bust from Hinkley in April

Comments are welcome

Cheers

John (Normo)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. s.walks New Member

England
    Hi John, nice job you have beat me to it. I,ll have to see if I can get some of that Leopard spot car spray, its good stuff is'nt it!!!!!

Cheers Steve Walks :lol:
  3. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I like specially the Leopard, and the face.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,
    nice work! The leopard print is impressive. I have this guy on my short list. Would like to try my hand at it as well!

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    awesome polish akcent
  6. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    John-
    Very well done. It's all good but that leopard skin is very realistic. Kinda reminds me of the 3 stooges routine where they tell the guy to go mix a can of spotted paint.

Mike
  7. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve
    Here is the link to the site for the "leopard paint" Wacky paints.co.uk
    They do a whole range including various tartens including the Walker clan, camo, and of course strpes of every kind!
    Just mention my name and get a great discount
    Cheers

John (Normo)
  8. s.walks New Member

England
    Yep John very funny but I think you'll find the link is "Walky paints co.uk" , you can also get that black and white paint there and sepia paint. ( I'm waiting for you to get the replies were people have tried the link!!!) :lol:

Cheers Steve Walky
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, good work on the bust, my compliments. ;)

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  10. angus147258 New Member

Looks great.
    How did you do the metal?
  11. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jake
    The metals were done using a car spray tin. I had done a brush paint job on it but didnt like it It,so I decided to have a go using a car spray.
    For me the finished colour is a bit too bright, despite several black washes and next time I will go for a different colour.
    I had to mask off the leopard skin and the clothing and then gave it a couple of light coats of the metal then picked out the decoration on the armour
    I enjoyed the bust although it caused me a few headaches, but I like a challenge!
    Next......Ramses and his wife Nefetari!
    Cheers

John
  12. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi John
    Very nice work. You'd already given me a sneak preview but just wanted to say thanks.
    Matt
  13. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good painting John!
    best regards
    christos
  14. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi John!

Like the leopard skin very much just as Mike did

But I also find the armour a bit to bright for my personal taste. You wrote that youve tried washes, perhaps a smokecolour would be a better option?

Cheers
  15. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great work, John! Leo skin looks amazing.

cheers
    Artur
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work John, i specially like the Leopard skin. Beautifull done.

Marc