1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for November Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM November

Polish Lieutant - 2n Highlanders Rifle Regimend - preWW2

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotr Czyz, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi,

I have now one week off work and coincidentally I'm right now in Polish mountains, so I decided to create another highlanders bust.

This is of course work in progress, so many things as hat, faces, details are temporarily right now - but you should be able see the general direction :).

Early progress
    [IMG]

[IMG]

And inspirations + references
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    BR Piotr
    Scotty likes this.
  2. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi Piotr,

That is going to look nice ..put me down for one please

Looking forward to seeing moved on this

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  3. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Another update

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Looking better all the time Piotr..

Keep that putty flowing

Nap
  5. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    A little more update
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

It is almost ready - still needs some detailing - the face it is going to change a little bit... so stay tuned!

BR, Piotr
    NickM and napoleonpeart like this.
  6. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi Piotr,

Looking better each time you post ..love the helmet details

Looking forward to seeing this one

Nap
  7. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thanks Nap, as you can see helmet needs a lot of polishing and flattening of the internal surface, but its details are almost ready.

P.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  8. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Finito - as always it took me longer than I expected but at least I finished this bust. I'm quite happy with the overall effect... what do you think?

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Don't be surprised by swastika sign - it was also used widely in Polish army before WW2
    [IMG]
    Another swastika... I hope you will be able to see the eagle on the uniform buttons.
    [IMG]

Lieutenant rank - no doubts ;)
    [IMG]

Drugi Pułk - 2nd regiment sign
    [IMG]

BR, Piotr
  9. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Piotr,

That looks great ...as accurate as possible ..I have been researching this subject as well !

Put me down for one as soon as its available please ..e mail me with any info please or PM me here

A fine addition to the range and companion figure to the Polish Colonel which will feature in this forum..very very soon!

Thanks for sharing all the very fine details

Nap
  10. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thank you Nap for your kind words.

Yes, I look for the accurate details of the bust... because it is all about... so finding the photos, documents from that era, reading memories of the officers is the biggest fun for me :).
    In this case I was also able to contact some historians in order to consult the details of the uniforms. I hope it will be fun for those who love to paint and are devoted to details.

I look forward to see polish colonel review (I will send you this one also when will be casted in more copies).

I also started couple of other polish bust from that period (nothing nice to show so far).

Polish corporal:
    [IMG][IMG]

Gen. Haller
    [IMG] [IMG]

BR, Piotr
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  11. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi Piotr,

Cheers for the details ...like the start of the next one ....as I said always interesting subjects ...and not seen often

Keep on sculpting my friend

Looking forward to more on this latest one

Nap