1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Polish lancer of the guard, france 1809-15

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Edorta, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Hi to all again, thank you very much for watch and comment. Now, I will try to explain, how I did the water.

First I prepared the terrain, and I kept the front part in a lower level to put the water on it. I made some stones using epoxy to put them in the river bed.

LanceroSBS1.jpg LanceroSBS2.jpg

Then, I made a dike using a plastic material, and cutted three sheets, in order to fixed them to the base. I glued the three vertex of the sheets between them and then, I fixed them to the base using blue tac.

LanceroSBS3.jpg LanceroSBS5.jpg LanceroSBS7.jpg

I prepared a bit of white glue mixed with water to fill all the seals.
    At this point I made a mistake constructing the dike, because the finer and more flexible the material to make the dam, best fixed to the base. So I had to have used thin plastic sheets or acetate.

LanceroSBS8.jpg

I used sinthetic water for dioramas. The material usually works mixed the two components at 50%

LanceroSBS9.jpg

After the mixture was done and the bubbles had disappeared, I used the syringe to catch the liquid and poured it into the terrain.

LanceroSBS10.jpg

This product needs around 24 Hours to dry completely, but before that, is possible to modelate to create some waves. I used a rounded stick soaked with a bit of alcohol.

Unfortunately the waves don´t sustain the shape and after a while they contract slightly. It´s a shame because I could made a small stream of water falling from the mouth of the horse. The next time I'll use fishing line and transparent glue.

LanceroSBS12.jpg LanceroSBS13.jpg LanceroSBS14.jpg LanceroSBS15.jpg LanceroSBS16.jpg

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia

Attached Files:

CHRONOS, NickM, Martin64 and 2 others like this.
  2. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Edorta for a great SBS tutorial.

Jeff
  3. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the information. This will be very helpful when I do the water for mine.
  4. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thanks Jeff and Bailey. Remember, is better to use a thin material to make the dike. The artificial water at his natural stage is very liquid and seeps everywhere.
    I like the work you have made so far with your polish lancer. I follow your progress also.

5. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  7. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work overall. Well done Eduardo.

Xenofon
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    great sbs Eduardo, thanks for your explanation, very useful to all of us.
    Saludos
  10. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  11. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Excellent SBS. Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together for us. The water has a natural, murky appearance. Do you tint the 'water' before application?

Paul
    tiberius57 likes this.
  12. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you Paul, I didn´t tint the water, that effect is totallt casual, in fact the product is described as very transparent, maybe it took some tint from the previous paint of the bottom. Anyway I think the solid water finally turned a bit to yellow, itself.

Paul Kernan likes this.
  13. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    I only can echo what Paul said!
    Thanks Eduardo!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  14. Braemp Active Member

What an excellent idea and a very splendid piece of work. Congratulations to a unique vignette

Regards lars

Sent by tapatac
  15. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  16. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    hi edorta. very nice piece. nicely painted. like the composition. thanks for sharing
  17. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work,
    Like the basework and it fits the pose of the horse.

Marc
  19. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  20. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello Eduardo, Great piece of work. Love the ground work too.
    Regards,John:happy: