1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Polish General - Józef Haller von Hallenburg

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotr Czyz, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hi,

I shouldn't be a surprise that I have chosen another Polish subject for a next bust.
    It is going to be a Józef Haller von Hallenburg bust, (August 13, 1873 – June 4, 1960) who was a Lieutenant General of the Polish Army, a legionary in the Polish Legions, harcmistrz (the highest Scouting instructor rank in Poland), the President of the Polish Scouting and Guiding Association (ZHP), and a political and social activist. He was the cousin of Stanisław Haller de Hallenburg.

Inspiration came from one of my customers (thanks!) and then from this photo:
    [IMG]

BTW Anybody can identify his cap? I suspect that is a French type.

Please find below some pictures with progress. As you can see the great coat is only sketched and will be changed as well as his face (I have to add more volume, ears, wrinkles and more...). So it means that there is still a lot of details to be finished on this one... The binocular is only borrowed from other set to complete the idea of the picture (and will be corrected to the Polish type PZO)

[IMG] \

[IMG]

[IMG]

That was a beginning
    [IMG]

I hope you'll find this subject attractive and unusual...

BR, Piotr
  2. JABERWOCKY Active Member

nice work piotr, there's not enough polish subjects sculpted, are you using milliput,magicsculpt ? or something else.
    I look forward to seeing him completed
  3. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hello,

I use mainly milliput and lately nonameclay...I use no more apoxie or magic sculpt cause I got epoxies allergies...
    I'm still looking for a 'holy grail' - the sculpting medium that will suit me the best... but you know how it is... still no luck... ;)

P.
  4. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thermal clays ? Castilene? as option
    Wings5797 likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Piotr,

Nice subject my friend you keep doing the Polish subjects !

Might be the picture or the bino's position but the body looks a little short

Looking forward to more on this ...and others

Nap
  6. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Gaudin - yes, now I use such kind of clay (nonameclay).
    Nap -> Yes- it is combination of wrong perspective and also bino is too big (just borrowed it from other set for the picture) - still this is only the sketch, so it will be corrected later.
    Thanks for the opinion, every opinion helps!

BR, Piotr
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Piotr. That is looking really good. I see the resemblence in the face andvthe lace is terrific.

Colin
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  8. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thank you Colin and Nap for kind words,

Some progress below - I'm not sure whether I should add the bin or not... What do you think?
    Sorry for the bad pictures' quality.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Piotr,

Great improvement , like the coat , facial looks good as well .......

not too sure about the medal position .......

It looks a bit high up ....

..........perhaps it might look better with just medal ribbons rather than the full medals

Would add a bit of variety to the releases as well as the Colonel has a full medal but it wouldn't be in with the great reference ...just a thought !

Thanks for sharing

Nap

image.jpg image.jpg
    Piotr Czyz likes this.