1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for November Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM November

Polish Colonel 7. Regiment-Rifle-Mounted

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotr Czyz, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hello, please find attached some photos of my newest bust that I started this week (I hope to finish it also this week... if not... I will finish in a few years time... shelfs are full of my unfinished busts... ;)))

That was my reference
    [IMG]

And some photos...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Please note that bust is in the development phase, so many things will be changed or corrected, but the overall look is now visible.

BR, Piotr
    Captain Lol, NickM, Pekka and 6 others like this.
  2. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Great subject good to see this uniform being worked...and he has a medal as well .

Looking forward to seeing more Piotr

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  3. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thank you Nap, nowadays more and more nazi busts are coming on the market, so i decided to change a little bit that trend...
    Medal - yes, on the photos is still unfinished one -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtuti_Militari - Poland's highest military decoration for heroism and courage in the face of the enemy at war.
    And for those who are looking for the references I also manged to find the scans of original documents from the 1936 with the uniforms ranks straps (midpage -> http://www.cytadela.aplus.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42133) - really interesting :)

BR, Piotr
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  4. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Will follow this great work !
  5. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thank you, it is nice to see you that you like it! :)
  6. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    He's looking fantastic so far, Piotr. There's not enough Polish figures out there in my opinion, so nice to see a new one.
    Can't wait to see him complete with Rogatywka. Great work!
    Piotr Czyz and napoleonpeart like this.
  7. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thank you very much for the kind words - it is encouraging me a lot :).

Some progress with rogatywka & a lot of adjustments everywhere (straps, buttons, sanding, face, shoulders, new medals, pockets shapes, etc.).
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Piotr
    Dan Morton and NickM like this.
  8. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Piotr,

Every time we have an update I want this more

I see you are Siskin..good news

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Piotr Czyz likes this.
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent!

All the best,
    Dan
    Piotr Czyz likes this.
  10. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Superb sculpting.
    Looking really good.
    Cheers,
    Keith
    Piotr Czyz likes this.
  11. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thank you again.

This is the last update for today :) unfortunately long weekend in Poland is going to end tonight and I have few things to cleanup and finish... but I hope to finish it this week.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Rogatywka still needs a lot of work (shapes, strips, belts, final sanding, etc...)
    And I'm going to add a little bit of hair... I wonder which classic haircut would look best... Manchester or Military :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

BR, Piotr
    Wings5797 and NickM like this.
  12. Good idea. And ver good sculpture
  13. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hello,

it was a real speed sculpting for me (most of my busts are laying unfinished in my workshop for years) - the bust is almost finished (only rogatywka needs more detailing - straps, buttons, buckle and final sanding).

It was kind of a comeback for me after the long break from sculpting (as usual family, kids, work etc...). It gave me a real relief during last week from a day-to-day sometimes demanding reality.

Thank you very much for all comments and support! I hope to see it soon painted.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

BR, Piotr