1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Point Du Hoc

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Steve Ski, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    RM1602, US Rangers, Point Du Hoc, vignette from Reedees Miniatures in 1/16th scale. These resin figures and base were created and sculpted by Steve Reedees. This set can be found at: https://sites.google.com/site/reedeesminiatures/figuresaccessories/116-120mm

All three resin figures were painted in oils over an acrylic base. The sculpting is superb in detail and required minimal clean-up. This set was another, among many from Reedee’s Miniatures, that was just a lot of fun to paint.

[IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]

Cheers, Ski.
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Well that's just outstanding! Very nice work buddy. You really took your time and gave every figure individual attention and that shows in many levels. The difference in tones and shading really stands out. Well done man.

Steve
    Steve Ski and Nap like this.
  3. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolute class sculpting and painting.

You’ve nailed this buddy
  4. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Wow. Just wow.

Great work Steve.
  5. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

The facial expressions (which I first felt were over done) turned out amazingly well to convey the urgency of action on that day. I would imagine the Rangers were pretty fired up by the time they'd gotten themselves up there. Can't imagine how angry I'd be..LOL.

Steve
    Steve Ski, Nap and Merryweather like this.
  6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Fantastic work

Mobo
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Great work Steve! A very impressive piece. Another centerpiece for the cabinet… ;-)

Adrian
  8. Nap Moderator

England

Can only agree with this and the other comments

Spiffingly good result Ski ......in all areas

A pleasure to follow the V Bench https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/point-du-hoc.610308/

Look forward to the next

Nap
    Steve Ski and Dr Force like this.
  9. Briggsy A Fixture

Wow Ski you've really aced this, outstanding result just chok full of points of interest highlighted by a brilliant paint job.

Cheers Simon
    Steve Ski likes this.
  10. NigelR A Fixture

Wow, that turned out incredibly well. You really did the amazing sculpts justice, that faces are full of character and really capture a sense of action. I love the way you weathered the figures as well, subtle but absolutely spot on. Beautiful work all round!
    Steve Ski likes this.
  11. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Fantastic work Steve. (y)

Malc
    Steve Ski likes this.
  12. marco14 PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    wow,absolute very very beautiful work you have done Steve,I love it,are we gonna change :)

Mario
    Steve Ski likes this.
  13. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb work on this one Steve.
    Everything about it is 'par excellence'; and the expressions you've achieved are spot-on.
    Very, very well done.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Steve Ski likes this.
  14. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks, Steve. This was a fun set and that always makes things move smoothly. I have always liked how Steve Reedees' figures are sculpted, especially the folds and creases. They really makes the oils flow.

Thank you Dave, your set is looking awesome too, btw!

Thanks, Tony, I appreciate that;)
    Dr Force likes this.
  15. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks, Steve. Not only are these faces lookin pretty ticked, they interact very well and I think how the camera is used can amplify the end result. I go thru quite a few pics before I end up with decent close-ups and good composition, but sometimes it's not so easy. I'm still learning the correct lighting, etc., but I do like this set, it's very dynamic.

Thanks, Amigo!

Thank you, Adrian, and yes, it's already placed in it's assigned locatioin, HA!;)

Thanks, Kevin. Spiffingly good is good enough for me, HA!;)

Thank you Simon, and thanks for the encouragment and following along.
    Briggsy likes this.
  16. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thank you Nigel! I try to wait a bit before weathering at the end so I don't rush and get carried away. I used a few shades of acrylics, then a mix of Mig pigments to top it off. I personally like the effect, not too dusted.

Thanks Malc, and thanks for stickin with me on this run, I appreciate it.

Thanks Mario, and you too, always encouraging me on, awesome. Change,.......hmmmmmm, .......change,...... as in,....building an Indy Car?:eek: Say it ain't so!:oops: That thought has crossed my mind, but I understand there is a Planetfigure 80th Anniversary D-Day build coming up, so I may have to shift gears again, pun intended, and get something going, HA! See you there!

Thank you, Andrew. I'm gonna have to toss quite a bit of credit to 'ol Stevo for his incredible sculpting abilites, because he makes these faces easy and fun to paint.
    marco14 likes this.
  17. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lost for words Ski, you must have crept into my mind as this is how I envisioned how it could look painted, beautifully done as usual.
    Cheers mate
    Steve
  18. marco14 PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    Hey Mike,I try too say too change the diorama ,you got mine,I get yours LOL,yes English hé pffffffff ,and no no yours is absolute great,nothing too change on that :) ,
    yep this year the 80th anniversery from D-Day,but must have something to do for then,hmmmmmm
    we gonna see if there is coming special for then and we see absolute there ;) greetz

Mario
    Steve Ski likes this.
  19. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

This came out great! Super work!
    Steve Ski likes this.
  20. Jungle James O'Leary PlanetFigure Supporter

Outstanding work, Ski! What else can I say that everyone else already has said.

I look forward to your next project.
    Steve Ski likes this.