1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Poilu Verdun 1916 Bust

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by megroot, Sep 29, 2011.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Yesterday arrived with the post this amazing sculpture off a Poilu at Verdun in 1916.
    It is sculpted by Philippe Pairson (Uribull at PF) and the bust was love at first site. What a great rendition off a Poilu.
    Philippe didn't cast many so I immediately ordered one. I was hoping that the casting was great, with not great mouldblocks and minimum seamlines.
    Well, the figure comes in a small cardboardbox with protect chips to minimize the damage at the postoffice and mailbox.
    Into the box you find a small plastic zipbag with 7 grey resin parts.
    poilu 001.jpg

and a small instruction with some history off the Poilu.
    When you do a closer inspection you find very,very small airbubbles what can easy be fixed with putty. Be carefull not to fill the sculpted holes into the glove's. I find in total 6 airbubbles.

poilu 003.jpg poilu 004.jpg poilu 005.jpg
    poilu 006.jpg poilu 007.jpg

here you can see closeup's of the figure and you can see the amazing detail that Philippe sculpted in.

For those who has interest in the history of the Poilu and WW I, highly recommended.

Marc
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Beautiful bust Marc, i like very much.(y)
    Thanks!
  3. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not seen this one before, looks great thanks Marc(y)

Tommi
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent review Marc. Good clear pics. The casting looks great. Thanks for posting.
  5. wappengenosse Member

Poland
    Hello!!!Where can buy this bust?Best regards.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful bust! Thanks for the review Marc! (y)

All the best,
    Dan
  8. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Got mine as well, and methinks its one of the best on the market. One thing I would note for those interested, the back is flat, with just the shoulder straps shown coming over the shoulders. I know some guys prefer to have the back completely sculpted, so I thought this might be of interest. I am thinking about adding a backpack to mine. Good stuff.
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I like everything about this bust, very impressive.

Steve
  10. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I too have received this bust in the last couple of days and as marc has said it is a superb piece..

Also of note is the fact you can assemble him right out of the bag! parts are trimmed well back and fit is excellent :)
  11. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    I have this one & very pleased with it too. The WW1 Verdun look has really been captured in the sculpting, I highly recommend it if you can get hold of one.
    Cheers
    Jimbo