1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

PM Chasseur 1984 Bob Scollick

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by CGS military figures, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    I have posted this on FB but wanted to share one of the best figures my ole man painted, that I was fortunate to be given last weekend.
    It was about 1984 when he painted this, you friends that know us will know him as the loyal man on the stand every Euro while I go for a smoke lol
    Anyway, I do apologise for my bad pictures, but I wanted to show what dad did produce at that time.
    Styles have changed, you can see the Max Longhurst base style, dome :), mum used to save the tea leaves.
    Today it's the best it has ever been, they did say that in the 80s, but this is what started my passion for CGS and we all like looking back don't we ?
    Luv him dearly X
    Hope you don't mind me posting
    Best wishes
    Gra

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Babelfish, Edward, malc and 21 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Gra

Classic PM figure and well painted , as you say styles change but this still stands .

Nice one Bob ..too much talent in one family mate ..LOL

Thanks for sharing and do share more

Nap
  3. JonH Active Member

Yes. Lovely.
    Jon
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A great paint job remains a great paint job. A shame that there were no British figures from Poste Militaire.

Mike
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very nicely done
    Cheers
    John
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Can see how this inspired you Gra, still stands well up to todays standards (y)
    Thanks for sharing mate.

Steve
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Yes I had a few of those domes, till I could afford a display cabinet.
    Superb painting, even by todays standard, wish mine was as good.
    I also painted this one but mine got lost in a move. So I will have to try and get another.
    CGS military figures likes this.
  8. Thank you, the ole man is quite in a humble way chuffed :), I'll buy him a pint lol, it actually means more than he will ever say as he continues to paint but has to go larger now due to eyes.

All those little lessons we take for granted were taught before the Internet and taught themselves and handed down and I thank him for grasping the fundamentals, had he not I can't imagine what I would be doing
    Thank you all very much gents, THANYOU
    Gra
    Viking Bob, 1969 and napoleonpeart like this.
  9. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent painted figure, it found the place it deserves into the dom!
    Thats the secret of the quality of CGS figures!
    Congratulations Gra!!!
  10. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    That's too well done for just a pint......Get the ole man a liter....

Wayne
  11. Jazz A Fixture

England
    A very nice piece of work standing outstandingly proudly alongside today's work, would not be out of place at all. Good skills stand the test of time and this has it in spades. I well remember Max Longhurst and other pioneers giving us the tips that started our interest in this great hobby. I would be proud to achieve groundwork like that today, and the figure has been painted superbly. So your father can be justifying proud of the work he produced.
    John
  12. Huw63 A Fixture

The figure and the paintwork have stood the test of time. Outstanding work then and now, and your father can be very proud of it.

As Jazz recalls Max Longhurst gave many tips which helped everyone along at that time - the first seminar I saw by him was at the Model Engineering Show in Wembley around 1978. Got a train and exhibition ticket from Military Modelling and promptly wandered off to London from South Wales - I think I was 15 at the time. Once a nomad always a nomad and I started wandering as soon as I could. At the age of 16 I went to Birmingham to see AC/DC after school - forgot to tell my mum didn't I, she was livid.

Cheers

Huw
    malc, OldTaff, Jazz and 2 others like this.
  13. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Congrats to both of you! (y)

Cheers,
    Ken
  14. What a brilliant story, now that is commitment :) :)
    Thanks to you all and will show dad :)
    My best wishes
    Perseas and Viking Bob like this.
  15. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Its just plain great

I look back at a couple I did 35-40 years ago and they still look great, the oils I used look as fresh now as when I painted them.
    MoboSchreuder likes this.