1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Please I want to know your true opinion

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by pmfs, May 16, 2012.

1. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!

This is the groundwork that I will use for my next work (1/35).
    The grass is from noch and woodland scenics and the wood fence is RB model, the rocks are from the beautiful sandy beaches of Fuerteventura, Spain.
    This base was made to add snow and to represent a scene in Ardennes offensive.
    High resolution photo.
    What you think?
    More...
    Pedro.

Attached Files:

2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    It's all going to come down to how you paint it. I would splinter that fallen picket more if I were doing it but I don't know the whole picture you are going for.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Mike Sorry, I cant understand what you write from " splinter that fallen(...)going for.":notworthy:
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    I try to replicate what you see in my pic, Ardennes landscape.
    Here!

Attached Files:

5. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    the part of the fence that has fallen, I would show more damage or wear to it.
    pmfs likes this.
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Ok!
    Thanks!
    I will follow your advise in the grass painting.
    So much work to after fill all with snow.:D
  7. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Difficult to comment without seeing the figure that is going to be used. To me the grass looks very dense and out of scale with the picket fence. I you are going to add snow as well that could overwhelm the whole base.

Ken
    pmfs likes this.
  8. Einion Well-Known Member

I agree with Mike that how you paint this could make a huge difference to how good it'll turn out, but as it stands it looks fine to me.

There is a glue smear on the post, above the bottom rail. I'm sure the photo makes it seem like it's much more obvious than it is but you might want to try to scrape it off or at least hide it behind a pocket of snow.

Einion
    pmfs likes this.
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Ken, thanks!
    The tall grass was on purpose, anyway, I can cut them a little.:cool:
    Pedro
  10. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Thanks Einion,
    Other opinions are very importante to me.
    I think the Glue smear that you mention is putty, that I dont sanded properly.
    Pedro
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal

I will try to paint the wood fence like this phot, crackle paint method...
    What you think?

Attached Files:

Martin Rohmann likes this.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    If you would paint the fence like the picture you can always ask Per Olav Lund for information.
    He paint that weathered wood as the best.
    For grass in the winter you should not paint any green. Grass is in the winter more to the oker/brownish color.

Marc
    pmfs likes this.
  13. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    He paint with Distress, I will paint other way, with the same results like Dristess crackle paint.
    Pedro.
  14. Hello, I am attaching the photo to you may be utile.My idea is that white picket fence does not see much if you make it white (at least from your picture). I would put even a wheel of a wagon or some agricultural implement

[IMG]
    pmfs likes this.
  15. Einion Well-Known Member

Well I love the effect and I think this kind of thing definitely adds to a simple bit of groundwork, but I do think it's more likely the fence would have been unpainted so you'd just see silvered wood.

Einion
    pmfs likes this.
  16. Sorry I forgot that the color is gray ... when the wood is not painted and left in the rain after time divente with tones of gray
    Alberto
    pmfs likes this.
  17. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Looks good to me.
    Brian
    pmfs likes this.
  18. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Marc, Alberto, Einion and Brian, many thanks gentleman´s.
    (y)
  19. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks good Pedro.
    Carl.(y)
  20. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice groundwork plan Pedro. The painting will be challenging with so much going on......wood, grass, earth, flaking paint and snow......should look great as you apply the techniques.
    Cheers
    Derek