1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Platoon private.25 inf div.Vietnam-68

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Demchenko, May 27, 2008.

1. Demchenko A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    My new figure.1:35.Modelsculpt

Attached Files:

2. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Charlie Sheen! WOW! Superb Work!

wow wow!
  3. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not my period in time but all the same its just a fantastic sculp, the level of detail and quality is outstanding.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Tommi
  4. Demchenko A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thanks,guys!
    Figure for copiing will be add with 2 canteen,4 grenades,bayonet and compass/first aid rouch on left shoulder.Also will be add stripes on rucksack and small details of band and suspender.It more easy make when figure will be cut.
  5. Samuel Pérez Active Member

Spain
    wooooowwwwww!!! FANTASTIC JOB, congratulations!!
    I'll buy my copy!

maybe the next figure can be "Elias Sergeant" , in his final scene?? It is the figure of my dreams... please, please, please... :D

Samuel.
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely fantastic likeness..!!

Beautifully posed and wonderfully sculpted, a real gem. Chris Taylor in miniature..well done indeed..

Roy.
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Demchenko,

Congratulations on a superb sculpt of Charlie Sheen's character from Platoon. The likeness and facial expression are absolutely spot on.

My only criticism (and I'll keep making it until hell freezes over) is the right index finger on the trigger. Even actors in movies are taught not to place their finger on the trigger of their weapon, unless they intend to fire it.

Most professional soldiers are trained to ALWAYS position their trigger finger outside the trigger guard to prevent UD's (Unauthorized Discharge).

It is simply unnatural and IMHO wrong, to see a soldier (even a Hollywood movie soldier) walking around with his finger on the trigger of his weapon.

I hope you are able to correct this rather small but very important fault in what is otherwise a brilliant bit of sculpting.

Cheers
  8. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Hi Tony.
    There was at least one aussie that didn´t know anything about the finger on the trigger ;D . Look the second fellow from right...

[IMG]

Who is going to produce this great figure, Demchenko?

Cheers
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Real nice figure, its an achievement to make such likeness in 1/35.

Regarding the finger on the trigger I remember a letter to Military Modelling when a gentleman pointed out that every recruit is taught not to place his hands on top of the barrel thus the figure commented were not accurate.

This resulting in quite a few photos posted in the very same magazine with soldiers from a lot of eras doing exactly so. :D

Cheers
  10. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    Really nice work! Where and when can I buy one??
  11. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Wow. That is a superb likeness. I'll buy one for sure.

John
  12. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    An absolutely stunning piece of sculpting! Instantly recognizable as Charlie Sheen. It doesn't get any better than this!!
    WOW!
    Jon.
  13. ausf Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding work.
  14. Mark S Guest

Beautiful sculpting.Well done.
  15. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    THAT is impressive!! Not from a period of interest for me when it comes to painting, but hey, a great figure is a great figure and I would love to paint this one! It doesn't hurt that it's from a great movie. Beautiful work!

Jason
  16. Demchenko A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thanks for notes.Really,seems I need resculpt finger on trigger! :)
  17. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Vladimir,

wow, you got the likeness absolutely! Superb sculpting!!! This is my favourite period, not too many kits coming out nowadays and the film is a classic :D Guys, don't forget this one: http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26206&highlight=elias, the very same standard! So I guess the next one is really Barnes.
    Could you tell us who will release these figures? Will it be one set?

Denes
  18. Demchenko A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Denes,while I can not say about one set or separate figures.It`s question of time when copies will be ready.While I`m starting 3 next figures and those are now in process.I do n`t know who will be finished first-Barnes or King? :)
  19. dinovision79 Active Member

Great!

So it's not gonna be only the three of them! :D Great news in deed!

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to see more of the 'Platoon'!
    Denes
  20. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    Hi Demchenko,
    Very , very good sculpt, incredible likeness, a figure that I like.
    When and who will produce the kit?
    Keep up the good job.
    Pascal
    Belgium