1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Planning help for a BIG Project

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MattMcK., Mar 7, 2019.

1. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

Hello all-
    For many years I've wanted to build a dio of my grandfather at work in WWII based on the photo below. He's the doctor in the center of gun door. Now that Hobby Boss has released a giant 1/32 B-24 (where will I find the space?), I'm actually getting close to doing it.

The issues now are finding figures to convert that aren't crazy expensive and vehicles to park on the tarmac that will help eat up some of the tons of dead space. I can find everything I need in 1/35, but 1/32 is tough. I like hacking up old Airfix multipose sets to convert, so that may work for figures., but something that would require less putty & resculpting would be nice.

Any advice on possible vehicles that are either 1/32 or 1/35 that run big? I know some Academy kits were a bit beefy. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

media-13351.jpg
    patmaquette, KenBoyle and 1969 like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    What a great picture and a project as well

Perhaps AC models might have something that you could use ?....

Verlinden sets ?

Sorry can't be more helpful

Nap
    MattMcK. likes this.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Try Wings Cockpit Figures, they are in 1/32 scale and have a varied range of aircrew figures in resin.

Steve
    MattMcK. and Nap like this.
  4. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

Those AC sets are beautiful. If I can splurge I may grab the B-25 and B-17 crews. It would certainly make conversion easier. Hard for me to pay that money and cut it all up though. Maybe Andy C. will see this post and get inspired by the pic. Boy would that make my life easier on this one!
  5. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Verlinden were closer to 1/32 than 1/35. Some of Miniart's older kits were on the large side as well.
    MattMcK. likes this.
  6. Matt McGrath Member

United-States
    Italeri made (still makes?) a Dodge ambulance in 1/35. Tamiya has a Willys Jeep and a 6x6 truck. Slightly different scale, but I don't think the difference too great.
  7. Fantomas A Fixture

Canada