1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Planet figure has a case of the "slows"

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by garyjd, Sep 22, 2006.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Is it just me or does it take a painfully loooooong time to go from one page/post to the next? It took me about 5 minutes just to get from the HOME page to here.~Gary
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Your right Gary, just as I was waiting for your post to open I commented to my wife that Pf has been very slow over the last 24 hours.

Roger.
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I was just about to post the same observation when I saw this post.

Seems to be the same issue with Planet Armor as well.
    (Yes I am an hereric) :eek:

Cheers
  4. english brad New Member

Not as much as a five minute wait but things certainly slowed down last night. I went on to a couple of other sites I use (my football team for instance) and they were not slow. Is PF main server in the US or UK as this could be a reason (ie slow link across the pond)

This morning it has not seemed so slow. It is now 9.20am uk time.

HTH

Richard
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Not as slow as yesterday, but still slow.

Marc
  6. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    I thought it was my computer :)

JP
  7. georges64 Member

France
    It's the same problem for me too ! I used "Fast Reply" tool.
    georges
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Same here guys.........frustrating at times when all other sites I visit are fast to download each of their pages. Yesterday was really bad when trying to post.
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Slow yes, but the planet is still here. (y)~Gary
  10. poetwarrior Member

Amen Gary! I've noticed the slowness too, but thought it was a problem on my end. Nonetheless, I am happy the planet is still here. I'll assume there are a lot of people like me who enjoy the hobby and would like to do more, but don't have a lot of time on their hands. Coming here allows me to stay connected to the hobby and I thank the staff here for that.

Regards,

Dave
  11. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    yes it is slower than usual
    Roberto
  12. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Yep, slow for me as well.
  13. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hello Friends
    also I have found the same problem but hour seems that the problem has been resolved...
    hour to be enough fast.......... :)

Salute to All MAB :)
  14. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I told you guys a while ago that I was having this problem,and I knew it was not my puter,because this is the only site I have trouble with......so unfortunately I do not go to this site as much as I once did. Hoping it gets better.
  15. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    The Planet stores a lot of info. It may be time for the planet to start letting topics drop off of the boards after a set amount of time being dormant. There are 173 pages of info in general alone. When was the last time you looked at page 173. Think about it. Now that having been said some things should be saved in other parts of the board how to's such as Gary's sculpting 101. I am using Gary as an example. There are a lot of things that could be edited down a bit and put on a how to board. That is my two cents.
  16. CorySF Guest

It goes slow on certain days and at certain times of those day, but right now it is working perfect, and you're talking to someone who has the patience of a two year old!
    God Bless
    Cory