1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Plane Jane" Nose Art Flatz - PiliPili Review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    FL-01
    Plane Jane Nose Art Flatz
    Sculpted & Painted by Le Van Quang
    Resin 1 piece flat

FL-01.jpg

Soon after the Tulsa Show last June the club voted to have a "Painter's Figure" of PiliPili's Nose Art series. We chose Plane Jane for one of 2 Painter's figures. When I first got the flat from The Hussar, I wondered how does one do a review of a flat. I decided to show the depth of the flat as much as possible to allow the members to actually see how easy it would be to paint a Flatz and how unique it would look after completion.

pj 03.jpg

I noticed you could see the depth of sculpting more by looking at the Flatz from the side. Below are side views of the Flatz.

pj 01.jpg pj 05.jpg

And of course the name Flatz (flat) comes from the sculpture being a one-sided figure with the back flat.

pj 02.jpg

pj 05.jpg

Below are a couple of close-ups of Plane Jane.

pj 05 close.jpg

pj 06.jpg

Below is a frontal view which also shows the only clean-up needed are the mold blocks and then sanding the bottom smooth.

pj 04.jpg

Le Van Quang has an additional 2 Flatz in his Nose Art Series.

"In The Mood"

FL-02 in the mood.jpg

"Bombs Away"

FL-03 bombs away.jpg

Conclusion:

I really feel anyone with an interest to try a flat should seriously consider one of PiliPili's Nose Art Series. I have done many many flats in my painting career and these would make an excellent start for anyone new.

Very little clean-up required and an exceptional casting. Highly recommended.

PiliPili web site
    click here

R182

2. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    I think Quang is setting a whole new standard for flats with this series and with the Museum Series. These flats are beautifully engraved with great detail and no bothersome base to deal with. Of course, the subject matter is not too hard to take either. If you've ever been tempted by flats (or these lovley ladies !) these would be a ggod place to start.
  3. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Thanks for the review, Guy.

That casting looks incredible - so clean! There's not a hint of flash in sight.
    What are the dimentions of the piece (not her personal dimensions ;) ) and about how much does this sell for?

Cheers
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    They are incredible good
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
  6. Tarok Active Member

Australia