1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Plague Doctor from Triloka Miniatures

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everyone

KEVIN DUNNE sent this to me that he had recently bought , something very different and going back to a killing disease ...the plague

Infection spread so quickly and affected many countries including England witch was hit horrifically with tge Black Death and the infamous 16th century bubonic plague

Treatment was isolation and visits from a "doctor" wearing a beak like mask , in black ,with herbs etc in the mask against the stink of death ........were they effective .....only in raising hope of recovery ......many doctors were infected with sores

image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Books are easy to find and make for interesting reading

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

The bust also has the potential for a " steampunk" version : image.jpeg

Here's Kev's write up

I must confess to being a Plague Doctor groupie...even have a Plague Doctor Christmas Tree ornament! That having been said, I was excited to get my hands on Triloka's version...and it did not disappoint.

The grey resin casting is literally flawless....Scale 1/10th, light gray resin

.....fit is perfect, seamlines non-existant and detail is crisp and delicate.

The piece does pose a bit of a conundrum as both heads are beautiful.....

It took me a bit of time to decide but am going with the fully masked and hatted version.

The unmasked version is full of character with , what I assume to be the ubiquitous "buboes" on his face.

Does anyone have a painting guide for buboes???.

This really is a terrific piece of sculpting and it even comes with a small rat peeking out of his sleeve!

Triloka Miniatures can be reached at akk1107@yandex.ru, hhtps://vk.com/trilokaminiatures

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thanks to Kevin for taking the time

image.jpeg

Nap
  2. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That really is a interesting and different model and a nice write up from Kevin. Personally I would have to say the unmasked version is my favourite as that face really offers some chances to experiment.

Gary
    Nap likes this.
  3. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  4. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Another one that I desire...