1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Place the milliput in a correct form

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Edson, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hey guys ,

These is the question, since yesterday, im working in a little proyect, my first sculpted figure, so one of the problems is when im gone to put a bit of milliput, these sometimes not added verygood, so wha can i do?, Cyanocrilate?.

And in the moment to blending the old part in the figure whit the new part that im puting, a wet brush works very SLOWLY!!!!!! :(

Any Advise?

Ed
  2. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hey guys ,

These is the question, since yesterday, im working in a little proyect, my first sculpted figure, so one of the problems is when im gone to put a bit of milliput, these sometimes not added verygood, so wha can i do?, Cyanocrilate?.

And in the moment to blending the old part in the figure whit the new part that im puting, a wet brush works very SLOWLY!!!!!! :(

Any Advise?

Ed
  3. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    My solution for Your trouble is using superfine white milliput to make details and finish works
  4. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    My solution for Your trouble is using superfine white milliput to make details and finish works
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Adding uncured milliput to cured milliput should not be a problem since it sticks to itself extremely well, unless of course there is some vaseline or similar substance between them. Cya will bond milliput good as well.

Like Kamil says the white is very good at blending two pieces together.

When morphing two parts like your describing Ed I do something like this:

apply the milliput in a blob where i want
    make wet (lick it with my tongue) a pointed tool
    push milliput around with pointed tool
    keep the pointed tool wet when milliput starts to stick to the tool again
    let the milliput dry for a little bit (no heat) so it gets more firm
    blend some more with wet tool
    when satifisfied with the blended/morphed area smooth with a moistened brush
    finally, dry the piece (oven/crockpot/lightbulb) and finish up with some sanding or scraping with a knife, steel-wool or best Scotch-Brite..
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Adding uncured milliput to cured milliput should not be a problem since it sticks to itself extremely well, unless of course there is some vaseline or similar substance between them. Cya will bond milliput good as well.

Like Kamil says the white is very good at blending two pieces together.

When morphing two parts like your describing Ed I do something like this:

apply the milliput in a blob where i want
    make wet (lick it with my tongue) a pointed tool
    push milliput around with pointed tool
    keep the pointed tool wet when milliput starts to stick to the tool again
    let the milliput dry for a little bit (no heat) so it gets more firm
    blend some more with wet tool
    when satifisfied with the blended/morphed area smooth with a moistened brush
    finally, dry the piece (oven/crockpot/lightbulb) and finish up with some sanding or scraping with a knife, steel-wool or best Scotch-Brite..
  7. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    tongue is veru useful tool!! :lol: my tongue is always white, just a little, but from milliput of course:)
  8. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    tongue is veru useful tool!! :lol: my tongue is always white, just a little, but from milliput of course:)
  9. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thaks guys, i will try these night, and will let you know what happen (y)

I hope to obtain a digital camera for the next weekend to show you the "progress"

Ed (y)
  10. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thaks guys, i will try these night, and will let you know what happen (y)

I hope to obtain a digital camera for the next weekend to show you the "progress"

Ed (y)
  11. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    good luck!
  12. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    good luck!
  13. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Dont stick your tounge to the Superglue though! :lol:
  14. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Dont stick your tounge to the Superglue though! :lol:
  15. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    A word here on milliput : you guys aren't serious here about licking that stuff I hope - it can cause rather serious allergic reactions. In fact I'm somewhat allergic to the stuff, and prefer not to touch it with my bare hands... I'm thinking of using Magic sculp or sculpey for the next project... can anyone tell me where you can get it, and how to work with it?(is it much different from milliput?)
  16. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    A word here on milliput : you guys aren't serious here about licking that stuff I hope - it can cause rather serious allergic reactions. In fact I'm somewhat allergic to the stuff, and prefer not to touch it with my bare hands... I'm thinking of using Magic sculp or sculpey for the next project... can anyone tell me where you can get it, and how to work with it?(is it much different from milliput?)
  17. Pete_H New Member

Talk about licking stuff and getting one's tongue "white" from it. Which forum did I sign onto? :) :) :)

Have you considered using a different sculpting medium? Magic Sculp is well known for being super-fine and easy to blend into already cured portions.
  18. Pete_H New Member

Talk about licking stuff and getting one's tongue "white" from it. Which forum did I sign onto? :) :) :)

Have you considered using a different sculpting medium? Magic Sculp is well known for being super-fine and easy to blend into already cured portions.
  19. Richard E New Member

Me too, but can't work with anything else. When I finally tracked down some magic sculp, I read the warning on the tub about, and surmized that it would produce the same reaction as milliput. So decided to stick to rubber gloves as usual.
  20. Richard E New Member

Me too, but can't work with anything else. When I finally tracked down some magic sculp, I read the warning on the tub about, and surmized that it would produce the same reaction as milliput. So decided to stick to rubber gloves as usual.