1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pirates - Final stages

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I feel like I am comming down the home stretch now and have painted the groundwork........given it a black acrylic wash...........and drybrushed it with Floquil enamel sand.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The next step is to mount the other pirates to the base and start attaching all the accessories......swords, etc. The final is to have several dead palm fronds on the base.

Any questions or comments welcome
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Looking GOOD,Guy,looking GOOD (y) (y) !!! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy good work, looks great. ;)

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    GREAT GREAT GREAT,

This is gonna be amazing Guy. I really like it.

Marc.
  5. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Guy, this is REALLY coming along nicely! I like all the colors and how it "jumps" out at you with the groundwork being done in drab colors. One thing though. I don't know that I'd be willing to kill someone over that treasure chest! Look at what's in it! :lol: :lol: Do me a favor, e mail me a uncropped pic of all your figures on the base please.

Great job,
    Jim Patrick
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nicely done Guy, It always feels good when a big project comes to an end, and yours it's trully great. Keep up the good work my friend.
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Its always a good feeling to have a large project almost complete. Toward the end of each large project I am always thinking of whats the next one going to be? I always have several single figures in progress including a bust or two and one big project, like the Pirates in this case and there is never a down time due to drying and I can pick up another figure and work on him while others are drying. I have several Samurai that I am thinking of starting as the next big project.

Here are a couple of photos of the two remaining Pirates fastened to the base and now await the swords, scabbards, etc to be attached. I worked on this scene until 2am this morning, took a couple of pictures and went to bed.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

all comments and critiques are welcome.
  8. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    That looks wonderful, Guy! The ground work is fantastic. I love the various shades of tans and browns. You should be VERY pleased w/ this project.

Jason
  9. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    It's a great scene that you've done really well Guy. My favourite has got to be the figure with the crutch..his waist sash and scarf really add a little magic to the whole piece.
    This must have been quite an undertaking...I remember an old friend of mine painting the 90mm pirate Inn scene...by 'Benieto' I think,...it took him a good while to complete...but pirates always make for fun subjects to paint..looks like you really enjoyed this one..
    (and what are those samurai you have lined up for us to enjoy..?) :) looking forward to those too.

Very very nice painting.

All the best.

Roy.
  10. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Guy I really love this one, all the composition are amazing, for me one of your best works :)
    Masterpice

all the best

ER
  11. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Very nicely done Guy! Thanks for sharing it with us.

-jim cox
  12. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Great piece Guy. I've enjoyed following your progress on this.

John
  13. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Guy,

all I can say: Perfect work !!! (y)

I`m looking forward to see the finished scene soon.

Sunny regards,
    Markus
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Jason - Thanks Jason, I studied photos of the beach taken when I lived on the beach years ago and wanted to get the various colors I saw and remembered.

Roy - I have several Samurai to paint but have decided to start soon the Mounted SAmurai from Verlinden that my wife bought me when she was in Budapest last fall. ( don't want to discourage her from checking the hobby shops in her world travels.......she might stop looking if I didn't paint any ;)

Thanks again guys.
  15. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Very nice Job Guy.
    I missed a palmtree.
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Stephen. I found the palm trees were too small for 120mm figures and opted to just have a beach scene.
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GREAT JOB,Guy !!! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the final composition. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  18. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    But you can create one.
    Its not so easy but you can do it.
  19. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Coming together quite nicely, Guy. I look forward to seeing the completed scene! (y)

Keith
  20. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hi Guy,

Realy nice and colourfull work. GREAT !!! (y)

All the best

Johan