1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pirate Captain

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sam, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hey guys,

Update of this bust. :))

Lights only have been done. I think it needs a bit more lights, what do you think??

Any critique and comments are always welcome,

Samwel ;)

P.S. Sorry for the bad pics :((

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Sam,
    I think you need no more highlights. If you do the shading you shell see that the light's our "coming out".
    But you must fix that pink color.

Marc
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I guess it's not finished yet so all I'm going to say is ; very good start
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Sam

You've made a very good start on your pirate mate, and I'm looking forward to seeing him when he's finished.

Just a note on the skin tones...remember that pirates/ sailors etc would have spent many years at sea exposed to sun, sea and salt. The skin would be as hard as old leather; deeply tanned, scarred and lined, particularly around the eyes (ie. crow's feet) and cracked lips from the salt spray . His nose would probably have a lovely rosy glow from broken capilliaries under the skin resulting from years of swigging rum and eating a poor diet. Pirates weren't exactly famous for their personal hygiene either, so its a fair bet he hasn't washed his face for a long time. If you're looking for a good reference, I'd have a look at the make up on Geoffrey Rush, who plays Captain Barbosa in "Pirates of the Caribbean". Hope this help you.

Cheers