1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Pirate Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Craft, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi all,
    I finished the bargain hunting pirate today. Went for a sweaty, dirty, oily look hopefully it worked. All comments and critique are welcome and thanks for looking.

Andrew.

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Perfect work Andrew.
    You got what you wanted.........

Marc
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Very nicely done Andrew you've captured the 'look' beautifully.
    Magnified it and it stands up well to closer inspection, might just be the image but the eyes seem a bit flat next to the sheen of the skin, maybe a dab of satin.
    Cheers
    Derek
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Lovely work. Beautiful sun tanned skin.

Xenofon
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very neat freehand on the scarf.
    As Del says, maybe a bit of clear on the eyes.
    Carl.(y)
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Love that sun tanned/burnt skin and it has just the right amount of sheen. The bandana is also great, nuice pattern.
    Ben
  7. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Great work sir! This turned out fantastic.
  8. Azgaron Member

Sweden
    Lovely looking pirate bust! Very well done Andrew!

Cheers,

Håkan
  9. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Realistic tanned flesh tones... Andrew, it's very nice.
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great work Andrew the skin has turned out very well,my only advice would be to drop in some satin varnish and maybe a catch light into the eyes.

Cheers David
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andrew a fantastic finish, excellent work on the flesh tones .(y)

Cheers Ken
  12. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work on fleshtones, I agree with David about a little varnish on the eyes.
  13. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely done Andrew. I think you achieved the look
    You wanted.(y)
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andrew,

Firstly, let me say that I think this bust is your best work to date and I think you've developed a very smooth, subtle painting style.(y)

Secondly, you've made a huge improvement since we first saw your work here on pF, and I'm excited to see how much more you will continue to improve.;)
  15. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks all for taking the time to comment, the eyes have now had a coat of clear not sure how I missed that I always seem to miss something obvious:eek:

Thanks Tony, I think I have finally found a style that I am happy with and I'm starting to figure out how to use acrylics to suit that style. I have a long way to go but have to thank everyone on the planet that has taken the time to comment on my figures and give me tips I have learnt lots in the year and half since I started painting thanks to those words of wisdom.

Andrew.