1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Piper Kenneth Mckay 75mm Romeo Models

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi,

I was given this Great figure as christmas gift... as soon as I could I put my hands at work on it.
    The sculpt is fantastic, the joints are very well hided, and no major clean, very quick kit to assemble.
    This time didn't started by face since I have a major challenge: the Tartan Cameron Erracht. First time, broke the cherry with this one.
    Thankfully Ray Farrugia, has an excellent SBS painting the tartan, which I followed closely, and end up with this. My red strips aren't exactly as his, maybe more red, but seeing several real images I found that it's close to the actual one. Here, with the white light for photos maybe the red pops out to much...with normal light aren't so red.... but still can been seen enough red, like you see in real kilts.
    Pics:

piper.jpg piper2.jpg

Pls Comment ;)

Regards
    Pedro
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb tartan Pedro.
    I'm struggling with this at the moment,
    Carl.(y)
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    WOW!!!
    I'm really starting to hate you my friend :mad: Seriously... this is fantastic for your first attempt at tartan. I keep shying away from figures with kilts even though I love the uniform. I'll have to follow your example and just do it.

Look forward to your progress on this on

Colin
  4. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Looks really good. Especially the back of the kilt seems to be perfect. I can see some alignment issues on the front, which could be easily fix if you would like to play with it.
  5. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A fantastic job for a fantastic character.
  6. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    EXCELLENT start, Pedro! This is a beautiful 75mm figurine and I'm sure it will be a jam!
    Follow closely!
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)
    P.S. Bigger pics, please!
  7. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thanks for your kind comments my friends :)

Colin, jump to it, it a gerat deal of fun, follow the thread of Ray Farrugia here in PF, great help, his nick here is rej. take a look. great help ;)

Piotrec, yeah I know...specially in the left side... I'm gowing to try to correct that.

Best Regards
    Pedro
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Tartan isn't as hard as it looks to paint. Once you understand the process of how the colour are arranged and the patterns........oh, who am I kidding, it's a friggin' nightmare.:nailbiting: Great job, you've clearly got your eye in. :notworthy: Can't wait to see your next pics.
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  10. Romque Member

great start (y) not so easy to paint I have also a tartan to paint and it has been made again 10 times and it's not finished yet :nailbiting:
  11. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent job on the tartan Pedro! I quite like the rather bright red.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good start.
    This figure is one off my all time favorits, but I never bought it because the challenge of the Tartan is to big.
    You did a very good.

Marc
  13. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Olá Pedro!

Beautiful tartan, very realistic.
    Following.

Abraço,
    Pedro.
  14. njwarhead Member

Wow what a great start
  15. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi,

just a little update on the face. I am never comfortable painting skin... And I always take a lot of time to get a face ready.
    It's very zoomed in and it's a little out of focus but there is no colour change.
    Here it is:

piper3.jpg

Regards
    Pedro
  16. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Think you have nailed the face mate, excellent job.
  17. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Brilliant face Pedro, I've seen a lot of these where the face is way overdone, yours is perfect (y)
    Cheers
    Derek
  18. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Looks good Pedro, I had the chance to paint this last summer, and IMO is one of the best 75mm sculpted by Maurizio Bruno...

Acho que a linha vermelha do Tartan esta um pouco forte, talvez seja a foto..:rolleyes:
    Se cuide
  19. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Very, very nice face, Pedro! I like it! (y)
    Will follow closely!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  20. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi, Thank you all for your comments. Just changed the pic for another with much better quality ;)

Regards
    Pedro