1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique "Pinned Like Rats" - The defence of Rorke's Drift

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Richie, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    I have now 5 defenders finished and all the Zulu's, these have all been weathered and dusted up. I will have another 3 defenders completed next week and leaves 3 to complete. I have had to make a change one figure and take some artistic license with the uniform, the reason for this is I needed to re-sculpt a figure and I have also mislaid the Martini Henry with the hand sculpted on it. I would not have time to re-sculpt the figure and have this ready for the Sword & Lance. The figure is of the period and I'll treat him as a Natal Native Contingent although he has a F.L.H. uniform.

Here is state of play to date, the photo's don't do the weathering justice and actually they look a lot better to the eye. Those of you going to the Sword & Lance will see that.
    cheers
    Richie
    CIMG8379.JPG CIMG8380.JPG CIMG8381.JPG CIMG8382.JPG CIMG8383.JPG CIMG8385.JPG CIMG8386.JPG CIMG8387.JPG CIMG8392.JPG CIMG8394.JPG CIMG8395.JPG
    ChaosCossack, crf, Mark S and 4 others like this.
  2. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's looking really suberb.
    What's the betting that you'll find the Martini Henry round about the time you complete the last figure?;)

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Richie likes this.
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Wow, looking good Rich.
    6 more figs to add??? That'll be quite the mosh pit inside the sandbags!!!! :blackeye::dead::LOL:

Keep digging, this will be amazing when it's done

Colin
    Richie likes this.
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Andrew,
    Thanks mate, I have a habit of putting things away for safe keeping:eek:.
    cheers
    Richie

Hi Colin,
    How you doing my mate? Thanks mate, it certainly has been a labour of love. It will be completed for the end of the month.
    cheers
    Richie
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Lovely scene and a painting challenge bar none.
    Bob
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great stuff Richie, can't wait to see this in person next month. (y)
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Bob,
    Thanks you mate, painting challenge bar none, I could not have put it better myself. Next time I have an idea like this:facepalm::depressed::eek: , I make sure it's a pF paintathon and everyone can have a figure to paint.;)
    cheers
    Richie
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger,
    I think I will be laid under the club stand after this one.;) Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleep:
    cheers
    Richie
    Scotty and billyturnip like this.
  9. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Blimey mate that's a lot of work you've put in on this....looking damn good though Richie.
    Cheers
    Jim(y)
    Richie likes this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Richie,

That is a great group of figures , love the positioning and the way they interact ...only 6 more to fit in eh .......you can almost smell the gun smoke

PF paintathon ......phew they have legs ..got out of that !!

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Richie likes this.
  11. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Only three by next week.....shocking :LOL:.....what's taking so long :rolleyes:........

Another step closer my little chimp mate....so near...and yet so far.......but what a journey it has been Richie.....simply stunning mate.....respect (y)

Ron
    Richie likes this.
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Wow that's surely a fantastic diorama. Atmospheric and very realistic. Can't wait to see more.

Xenofon
  13. luisg Active Member

I´m sorry for your loss.

I like very much this period oh history. And i like very much your project.

I will follow this thread.
    Richie likes this.
  14. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim, Nap, Ron, Xenofon and Luis,
    Thank you lads, yes this has been a bit of a journey and the end is in sight. I will update again when it's complete. (y)
    cheers
    Richie
  15. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking better every time I see it, weathering looks very good mate.
    Steve
  16. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks mate, having new tips for my airbrush has really paid off with the weathering. Especially the finer one, I can work really close and controlled now, were before it was like spraying with an industrial spray gun.
    cheers
    Richie
  17. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    I wish I had your patience !!! Awesome work.

Anthony
    Richie likes this.
  18. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah Richie........I wish I still had your patience......go with it while you got it.....sometimes it doesn't last forever.....Impressive piece....don't rush it for a show;....you'll regret it later......Keep up the great work and I continue to follow........Regards,.....Wayne
    Richie likes this.
  19. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Like stepping out of a time machine.....in 1879.

Colin
    Richie likes this.
  20. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    The love of the labour shows... Pops would've loved it :angelic:
    Richie likes this.