1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique "Pinned Like Rats" - The defence of Rorke's Drift

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Richie, Feb 22, 2014.

1. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    About bloody time my little chimp mate.......worth the wait though......great to see you back at the bench mate.....this one is too good to miss ;)
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Richie ,

Listen El Chimpy put those bananna's down and get those brushes swirling ..I mean it's only a "couple" of figures.........

Great to see this back on the bench mate it's going to be awesome and finished for FW 2015 we all hope

Thanks and may all your bananna's be bent .

Love it

Nap
    Wings5797 likes this.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Richie,

Great work mate. This is a truly epic project and at times you must feel totally daunted by the scale of the challenge you're facing.

Just remember mate, the way to eat an elephant is to take one bite at a time.:eek:
    laughing chimp.jpg
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ken, Steve, Colin, Tom, Ron, Nap & Tony,
    Thank you for the longevity of your support, it will be 2015 before the next update, but I assure you it will be completed by the end of March.(y)

Yes, but I know nothing of elephants, only they look big looking down from the trees. I'm actually sitting on a huge buch of banana's:D.
    monkey banana pile.jpg
    Thanks again for your support and very kind comments
    cheers
    Richie
    ChaosCossack and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looking forward to clocking this at S&L mate (y)
    Steve
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England

You might even have the pleasure of my company too Steve. :)

You'd better get cracking Richie, it'll soon be that time of year.

Roger.
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    That would be good Rog (y)
    billyturnip likes this.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    And Happy New Year from Rorke's Drift:D.

Well finally some progress to report. I have now 6 Zulu's finished and fixed into position. Two others are well on the way to completion and yesterday I managed to repair the final two and get them undercoated. I have also got completed 4 of the defenders but these are not fixed yet. I still need to weather all these figures yet with a bit of dust but the airbrush should nail that one and a bit here and there on the fixed Zulu's.
    All the other defenders are about 40-50% completed, with the exception of one which I need to break down and re-sculpt as I'm not happy with him. So the finish line for the Sword & Lance is still very much on the cards.;)
    cheers
    Richie
    It's club night, tonight and then a well deserved.
    2012-09-22 10.48.06.jpg

CIMG8316.JPG CIMG8317.JPG CIMG8318.JPG CIMG8319.JPG CIMG8320.JPG CIMG8321.JPG CIMG8322.JPG CIMG8323.JPG CIMG8324.JPG
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That's looking great Richie, love the flesh tones of the Zulus. You can have a night off tonight, see you later. :)
    ChaosCossack and Richie like this.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looking good Richie, even if it's not ready for S&L bring it along been a joy watching it progress
    Richie likes this.
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is an awesome diorama.(y)
    Couldn't agree more with Roger's comment about the Zulu flesh tones.
    Andrew
    Richie likes this.
  12. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger,
    Thanks mate, actually the camera has washed the tones out a bit. I'll see you tonight.(y)
    cheers
    Richie

Hi Steve,
    If it's not finished, it's not coming, but it will be there.;) Look forward to seeing you at the S & L mate, will there be two Mr Drew's there! you and your sculpt in combats?:)
    cheers
    Richie

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks a lot for the nice comments mate.
    cheers
    Richie
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Richie ,

As Andrew says awesome skin colouring , they look great alone with all the defenders it's going to awesome ...how I wish I lived closer for the S & L meetings ......

Plenty more updates young chimp

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Richie likes this.
  14. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Napster,
    Thank you, you can always come up to the S & L in April:happy:.
    cheers
    Richie
  15. Funky50 Guest

That's just Brilliant Richie.........Kevin
    Richie likes this.
  16. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well done mate, some really nice work on the Zulus, skin tones look very good.
    It's good to see you are progressing nicely with this one still, the light is at the end of the tunnel now :)
    Cheers
    Steve
    Richie likes this.
  17. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Richie,well I'm very pleased to see this making progress,it's looking great mate
    Richie likes this.
  18. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Richie,
    excellent work on the Zulu flesh. From the snaps they look to be spot on.
    Great progress,
    Keith
    Richie likes this.
  19. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic. Well done. This is a contender for all those trophies that are on the circuit.
    Richie likes this.
  20. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kevin, Steve, Brian, Keith & Adrian,
    Thank you all very much for your kind words and continued support lads, it's very much appreciated.(y)
    cheers
    Richie