1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pinkie Demon from DOOM³ update 120mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Frank-Holger, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Frank-Holger Member

Here an update to my PINKIE DEMON from DOOM³, the Computer Game. There are a lot of interesting characters I would like to sculpt, and after purchasing the book MAKING OF DOOM³ I started with the Pinkie Demon. The Body with legs and feet is now finished. All I have to add are the teeth and horns. After that, I will scratch the rear half of the body, which is Mechanical (some kind of Endoskeleton). The feet are build that way because I want to add some debris. This will be modelled around and under the feet, which is easier than doing it around flat feet!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for Looking!

Frank
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice beastie Frank! Keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    What a beast Frank.
    I really like all the details that you have done.

marc
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    COOL SCULPT, Frank (y) (y) (y) !!!! I'll be looking forward to the next step. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  5. Frank-Holger Member

Thanks a lot, guys! I hope, the rest will come out as the rest. This will be from scratch and done mostly with plastic pieces, tubes and stuff like that.

Frank
  6. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    I don't know how on earth you come up with these creatures but a great sculpt nonetheless :lol: :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Frank - That's marvelous sculpting! Not my cuppa but still terrific sculpting!

All the best,
    Dan
  8. Frank-Holger Member

Ha, thanks, too, guys! I know, this horror stuff isn´t everybodies darling... What I like so on this subjects is the freedom in sculpting. All you have to do ist take care of a possible anatomy, and the Rest is "Freelance".

You can add skin details never seen on living creatures and go wild on detailing and/or a "fantastic" paint scheme. Even Bad Taste is possible :lol: !

So, doing this stuff is what I always wanted to sculpt, but seeing the figures from our sculptors here, those fantasitc realisctic men from people like Maurizio and all the others, I am proud to be part of it. And thats the real deal!

Frank
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work Frank!
    best regards
    christos
  10. Frank-Holger Member

Thanks, Christos! I hope I can continue that way!

Frank
  11. 43rdMichael Member

Frank,

Great work! I love the texture and surface detail. this is going to be a real winner.

As an aside, I can totally relate to the inspiration from computer games. I'm finding that i want to try creating more and more unusual characters from film and games. It sure mixes things up... I just wish I had the skills to execute on the ideas....

Good luck with the back half !
  12. Frank-Holger Member

Mike, go and try! Give it a try and do something small to get a feeling for sculpting! There are so many cool designs outside, that will never make it in any kit, so why not making a one of out of them?

Alone from DOOM³ I have 5 or 6 more sinister figures in my scrapbook which I want to sculpt in the near future!

Thanks for looking!

Frank