1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Pilots WWII

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mark Dollery, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Tony, struggling a bit with the goggles at the mo :facepalm: but I will press on & see what happens....
    regards
    Mark D ;)
  2. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  3. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Taff, great link, I will have a practice on that epoxy technique.
    Thanks
    mark D ;)
  4. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    No worries it was just a thought , it might give that real glass effect
  5. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    A bit more progress guys, unfortunately harsh lighting..must do better...:facepalm:
    A bit of a rethink on the colours after reading the posts on http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/the-few-on-progress.62850/
    so I have done a couple of light washes in aghh!!! Luftwaffe field blue to fade the colour a bit but the hard lighting does no favours...o_O
    anyway, here they are...
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

regards
    Mark D ;)
  6. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Well, near the finish line now, only the dog's highlighting to finish off & the wiring to fit,
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

regards
    Mark D
    NickM, napoleonpeart and FigureLover like this.
  7. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Both efforts are coming around nicely Marc.

As for the goggles, study the right hand pic that Chris sent and notice that the inside padding of the goggle is visible through the lens, as well as the leather helmet underneath. Try and duplicate that, then add numerous gloss coats. I use future. Perhaps Google some pics of that same model of goggle so that you can better tell what is visible through the lens. Take into account that on some goggles one could change colored/tinted lenses. I don't know that if on the RAF one that is possible.

Here is a pic of my current project. Hope this helps.

Joe

Pilot, 1 (Small).jpg
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mark ,

Blimey 2 on the go and both great busts and both different in character , like the flesh tones on both , RAF blue looks a bit bright but like you said that's the piccies !!!!

The Flying Tiger ..nice work coming along on the jacket insignia ...certainly will be really nice .

Thanks for sharing

Nap