1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pilipili "Kyoto Belle"

Discussion in 'Post Your Own Articles & SBS' started by gordy, Oct 9, 2003.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think this is one of the best bust that Pili-Pili has to offer to date. I would like to thank the sculptor for his magnificent work. Such a graceful figure awakes the desire to paint it as beautifull and full of life as possible.
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Larissa did an excellant job in bringing the Koyoto Belle alive. Whew.....boy I wish I could paint like this. Her artwork on the tattoo is outstanding. The eyes look so real. WOW.

Guy
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    It's truly a spectacular piece, the brushwork is stunning and such fine lines... the detail is amazing

the back of the fan painted to appear translucent is amazing!
  4. General Failure New Member

:eek: °°°° gasp °°°°

Words almost fail me. I feel like a caveman commenting the work of Michelangelo here. Beautiful work, Larissa ! I'm not much of a patriot, but this makes me more proud to be Belgian than watching ladies' tennis championships on TV !

Thanks for the article. I'll thoroughly reread this again and again. I'm only at the beginning of learning to paint figures. Boy do I have a long way to go yet.

Jan
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Larissa
    This is simply stunning , love the dragon , I have done a version with cranes in the snow on her back , but as you said its a superb piece of sculpturing by a master of his trade . I shaded the white face with a wash of violet , with the fan having a warriors head on one side and a crysanthamum on the other side .
    Have you thought about doing the Verlinden "bust" of a lady with a french lancers jacket draped over one shoulder ....plenty of flesh and a great smile as well ...mine is currently primed !!!!

Regards Kev
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    WOW! Outstanding work. The tattoo is fantastic, and I'm definitely with Gordy, I was stunned with the work on the back of the fan making the art look translucent. A masterful touch to say the least. Great stuff!

Jay H.
    OKC
  7. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I have painted two of these but niether of them came close to yours WOW !

Great bust to work on though.
  8. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Well, she's the best in our club !
    I hope she finds more time in the future to make of these.
  9. jacksparrow1979 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Sorry to resurrect a very old thread but in the pdf article by Larissa she mentions using Jo Sonja's opaque paint. Which paint does she mean on the Jo Sonja website? Sorry if I seem thick but if you don't ask you never know.

http://josonja.net/index.php?option=...tpage&Itemid=1

Also which issues of Military Modelling are Larissa's article(s) featured in?
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Peter,
    Larissa is a member of my club AMSS and she paints only with the tube acrylic of JS.
    Larissa is a student of the Russian school, we all know very well. We often seen here painting, and it seems all so easy. She paint with colored water not with paint. I think that she means that with opaque color.

Marc
  11. jacksparrow1979 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Meggy. Please pass my compliments on to her for her outstanding work. I'd like to see more of her figures.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Meggy,:D
    As far as i know i have a small piece of meat between my legs what make's me a man (at least they say).
    Now, all kidding behind.
    At www.amss.be you can see in the gallery alot of figures from Larissa. See also is an artist painter and expose alot of her paintings in galerie's.

Marc