1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed PiliPili Crow Warrior

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariner, May 21, 2012.

1. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Hello all,
    Here's my attempt at painting that wonderful Native American beadwork...I have some touching up to do and can see where I'll need a steadier hand in future, but overall a really fun figure to paint. I hope you like him.
    Comments welcome as always,
    Mary

Attached Files:

Guy likes this.
  2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mary,
    Looks well done. Nice colours on the art work.
    Cheers
    John
  3. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    It looks like you had a lot of fun painting the designs on the clothing. The effect is very neat. You also did a great job with the native american skin tones. I've never tried, but it does not look easy to get right. Well done.

Next time try to go a little farther with your highlights and shadows, especially on the face. Lately I've found if I take a shadow to highlight range that I'm comfortable with and then expand it a little (lighter highlights and darker shadows), I tend to be very happy with the end results.
  4. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Thanks David...I never know when to quit!:confused:
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very nice work Mary.

Marc