1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

PiLiPiLi 90mm Crow Warrior

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by quang, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Elwood - speechless - Jake
  2. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Thank you guys for the kind words. (y)

Bruno: Why should I be offended? I'm not a scholar nor an expert. I have no theory to prove or to defend.

All I did was to use the best available material for my research. For years, this material was considered as reliable and trustworthy by enthusiasts all over the world. Now, you're saying that it's not valid. Who am I to contradict you?

Don't worry, be happy! :)

Q.
  3. Bruno New Member

Dear Quang,
    I'm very happy for your kinde words.

I highly appreciate your worke and in my articles I regualry write that Pili Pili creats historical correct Indians, very different from the Hollywood stuff of others.

For that, the last I want was to disapoint you or to put your figurine down. The pose with all the pride this figurine shows gives so much of Indian herritage to the painter! Please keep on sculpting such beautifull and correct Indians, we need such producers like you who did a very strong research and who have such a good feeling for Indians.

If I had not been in contact with Colin Taylor, I would have also thougt it was a Crow, as Colin was one of the leading historians on the material culture of the Plains Indians who hardly could be questiond. I learnd a lot from him!

I realy hope you continue your 90 mm Indians and we see more Plain Indian tribes. If I can be of help, write me.

Best regards and a lot of success with this beautifull figurine!

Bruno
  4. EasyOff Member

Very nice Quang! Such talent! That's another figure that I've gotta have.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Quang, very nice,extremly well done, I will definitely purchase one.

Cheers
    Roc.
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    This goes to show that even painstaking efforts to get it right sometimes has pitfalls. Quang, We can only be as correct as our references allow us. There are times when even the experts that we often rely on are either not sure or wrong themselves. Not only is sculpting an ongoing process but the research to get them right as well, with new information surfacing all the time. You have done all that could be asked of you, it's a beautiful piece.~Gary
  7. Bruno New Member

Hi Quang,

as you know I'm one of the organiser of the German figurine show "Duke of Bavaria" at the Museum of theBavaraian Army at Ingolstadt.

At the "Duke of Bavaria" 2006, ther will be a special award for the best painted as well as the best sculpted Indian figurine "The Native American History Award".

Additionally we will offer a spezial award for the best painted Pili Pili 90 mm Indian figurine, to honoure the worke and effort you do to represent historical and cultural correct Indians.

Best greatings from Bavaria

Bruno
  8. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Wow! This is great news, Bruno, and a great honour. :)

Thank you very much for your support.

All the very best,

Quang