1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pictures from Long Island Show

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Bailey, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    I had a great time at the Long Island show this weekend. Here are some pictures of the various entries.

LI01.jpg LI02.jpg LI03.jpg LI04.jpg LI05.jpg LI06.jpg LI07.jpg LI08.jpg LI09.jpg LI10.jpg LI11.jpg LI12.jpg LI13.jpg LI14.jpg LI15.jpg LI16.jpg LI17.jpg LI18.jpg LI19.jpg LI20.jpg

This diorama won historical best in show. It truly was an amazing display. I included a bunch of close up so you can appreciate the detail that went into this work.
    LI21.jpg
    LI22.jpg LI23.jpg LI24.jpg LI25.jpg
    theBaron, Blind Pew and penster like this.
  2. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    And here is the second set

LI26.jpg LI27.jpg LI28.jpg LI29.jpg LI30.jpg LI31.jpg LI32.jpg LI33.jpg LI34.jpg LI35.jpg LI36.jpg LI37.jpg LI38.jpg LI39.jpg LI41.jpg LI42.jpg LI43.jpg LI44.jpg LI45.jpg LI46.jpg LI47.jpg
    LI48.jpg LI49.jpg

Yes, I was there too...
    LI40.jpg

There were also some lovely entries from ivopreda here at Planet Figure. Unfortunately they were back lit so none of my pictures turned out. Hopefully he can share some images (or check his vBench to see them).

This was my first time attending the LIHMCS show and I've very glad I did. One of the friendliest shows I've been to. It was great talking to the club members and artists. Hope to be back again next year!
  3. eas6644 Active Member

United-States
    The BOS went to Dan Capuano and his giant "Stalingrad" diorama. It was a great show with some great work from the US and Europe. One of they highlights was getting to hang out and talk to Ivo Preda. Ricardo Ruberti, Doug Cohen, Mike Blank, Dennis Levy, Greg DiFranco and many other world class artists whose names escape me(forgive me) were in attendance. Really very inspiring.
    Ed
  4. jenghiz Active Member

England
    Thanks for posting,the Stalingrad diorama does look mighty impressive.Not many fantasy though.
  5. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah, the fantasy section wasn't that large. This was my first year attending so I don't know if that is typical or not
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Every time I look at pictures from shows it reminds me of my school report card "Tamburrs you must try better!!!!

Some very nice stuff there ,i particularly like the one of Napoleon who doe's this one .

Ron
  7. schley Active Member

Ireland
  8. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    The fantasy selections, while few in number compared to historical, were well done. Long Island continues to promote fantasy entries, and the field is growing each year.
    In past years, there have been several small scale wargaming entries - both historical and fantasy; some of the usual painters in these classes were not in attendance.
    There was a strong showing of other modeling subjects. The armor models, especially, were outstanding, as were the planes and ships.
    One area that continues to be weak, at many/most shows, is entries by Junior Modelers. Collectively, we all need to focus our attention on increasing new participation in our hobby/art form.
    The Fantasy BOS went to a group of three large-scale Conan figures. The Historical BOS, as mentioned above, was Dan Capuano's Stalingrad diorama.
    Ron, the disheveled Napoleon was painted by Greg DiFranco.
    I imagine Al LaFleche will be along soon with his pics, as well.
  9. penster Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the photos. I usually go to this show but could not this year so I appreciate all the photos I can get.
  10. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some of the stuff on there is nothing short of excellent.
    I'd love to go one day.
  11. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Thanks for all the pictures
  12. Clarence1 Member

Canada
    1st experience for me and I hope to return next year. What a great week-end.

I've met some nice people. Mr. Greg DiFranco is really professional and took the time to comment my model. Also had the chance to discuss on sunday morning (just before we left) with Mr. Ruberti. Really a nice person!!!

The show was fantastic. My first since Boston 2005. The level of quality was very high. Was really happy and surprised to collect a medal with my Hospitaller knight.

Now, I just want to paint more figures and try all those new technics I've been discussed with Mr. DiFranco.

See you next year, Long Island!!!

Clarence Prigent
    Gatineau, Québec
  13. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the photos! I had to miss the show, so it's great to get a look.

Prost!
    Brad
  14. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That Stalingrad Diorama is stunning.
  15. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you for takin gang posting pics for those us who could not attend.

Colin
  16. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    lepic  (124).JPG
    here some of the figures I displayed in Long Island... hope you could enjoy them
    DSC_4815.JPG DSC_4844.JPG
    DSC_4847.JPG DSC_4874.JPG DSC_4860.JPG DSC_4423.JPG DSC_4428.JPG
  17. schley Active Member

Ireland
    Lovely pieces Ivo,

John
  18. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    the standard I hope to achieve, excellent, well done/ badger
  19. swralph A Fixture

nice selection of pics like the trooper(y)