1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pictorial Review: Latorre BU-02

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Anders Heintz, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is what dropped into my mailbox earlier today from Colorado Miniatures ! Latorres latest bust for his own line Latorre Models.

The kit is nicely cast in a cream yellowish resin and contains of 4 main resin parts: Main Body, Scarf , Feather and the Hat. Also included in the kit are 2 ear rings, I am afraid of the guys well being after all the man went through to make all these earings as it appears to be just copper wire bent around something round. What else could you do that is so rewarding on a saturday night :lol:

There are a little clean up and a few mold plugs to remove, but I expect clean up to be a breeze as there is nothing major wrong with it. There is one pesky airbubble on his right shoulder, but nothing a little putty can't fix, its just one of those things that are so small that it really is a hassle to bust out the putty to mix up a microscopic amount and fill it, and then have to wait for it to cure before priming!

As with all of Latorre's kits from his own line it also contains a very good informative sheet which includes web links to some reference, some history about the pirates in the Madagascar area as well as paint mixes for the paitning. I am anxious to try one of the masters flesh mixes!

Here are some pictures of the kit, I tried to cover it pretty good, much like when you look at it your self at the vendor table.

Even though the dude has a humongus nose he will be a joy to paint. I think this one will give Andrea's Roman Centurion Bust a run for the money when it comes to big noses!

Highly Recommended!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    what to say ...its beautiful..if a second one ....drops in your mailbox...pass it over please !!! LOL
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Costas,

Sure, if I get a second one it is yours!