1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Picked up brush again after 6 mths

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Michael Tse, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Dear all,

I am Michael, the annoying, loud and expressive one. This fraction of a bust is from Young Miniatures. Black Devil. Awesome purchase this.

Having shut down the painting department for half a year or so, and mainly getting by on fast food and ocassional plastic figure sanding, the impulse found me last night and I turned my flat up side down in search of an air brush. Which I never found.

But I braved on with the worst priming I ever knew, and some poorly maintained brushes, and of course the good old Vallejo acryllic lot. I present to you a piece of rubbishness, haste and too much pink (burnt rose)for some people's liking. Obviously I like it enough to post this thread. Maybe I always like myself enough to post anything, anywhere.

In the next six months, I will try to refine the eyes (gorgeous Russian eyes), base the hair, and maybe some more. For the time being, your comments would be much appreciated. I should point out that in sleep mode as a modeller for such a long period, I feel my perceptions on European face painting have changed drastically, meaning that I have learnt to do without fine details (its not as if my current collection of ruined brushes can allow that). I would like to think i am not so addicted to redness as a skintone choice anymore. Here red or any variant of it is really employed for variety purposes, instead of being a basing device.

Thanks for dropping by.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      38.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      37 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      36.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      37.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      41.7 KB
      Views:
    Ferris, John Bowery and kagemusha like this.
  2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Micheal,
    Nice to hear you back. Looks good so far to me anyway.
    Cheers
    John
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks a good start Michael. Good to have you back.
    Hope you find your airbrush,
    Carl.
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice to have you back in painting.:)
    Looks good your Russian.:)
  5. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Tse, looking pretty darn good. Good to see you back!
  6. Ferris A Fixture

Looking very good Michael, even without red base and airbrush...! ;-)

Good to see you back here.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  7. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Dear frds,

Thanks for your encouraging comments. It might sound funny coming from me, but maybe the airbrush gone missing is a breathe of fresh air. For once I feel free when applying shades. I was never more comfortable with Prussian Blue.

Happy modelling, all!