1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Piat Gunner 1945 Bust By Mmm/mcm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Dennis Active Member

England
    Mark, brilliant start, and as said before distinctly yours. The Windproof smock is spot on IMHO. I look forward to seeing the completed article. The PIAT has a local connection for me as some were made at the old ICI plant in here in Billingham.
    Cheers
    Dennis
    Grod and Don like this.
  2. Don Well-Known Member

I am enjoying your work with this bust Mark, super work indeed and I think I join the others in saying you seem to make your own style on this figure.

Dennis also knows quite a lot about the PIAT as he helped fire the very first one when he was a lad!
    Only kidding Dennis.

Don
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good to see some more of your work again Mark, cracking job as usual and good to see the windproof in Denison pattern which works really well with the leather jerkin, which I may add you have done a superb job painting with the oils.

All the best

Steve
  4. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    WOW, well done, the jacket (leather) is SUPR nice....great job(y)
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi again!

Many thanks for the comments guys :)

I'm back to this and will motor on to the finish now ( I hope :) )

So I did some work on the Piat and the metal bits of the webbing ... too yellow? or okay? I dunno :)

DSCF1688.jpg

DSCF1689.jpg
  6. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    I should retire from painting after seeing this...:woot::woot:
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    looks good to me Mark(y)
    Like the leather waist coat looks tops.

Ron
  8. Don Well-Known Member

Mark you asked about the metal on the webbing if it was to yellow. Think the colour is about right but if anything it may be a bit bright. Belt buckle is quite a large target if its shiney, just need to attract someones attention......

Don
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Mark,
    Great brushwork as always, a really good job on this one Mate.
    For what it's worth, I always use a dull ochre colour for the look of un-polished brass on the webbing and highlight the worn spots with chromium yellow.
    Cheers,
    Keith
    IMG_5828.JPG
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks excellent Mark.
    Carl.(y)
  11. Nap Moderator

England