1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Photo oils

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by My_name_1s_MUD, Jun 23, 2005.

1. My_name_1s_MUD New Member

2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Brian-

I am not familiar with "photo" oils. What are they?

Many (myself included) use artist oils which are commonly available in art supply stores. There are a couple variation on these such as Galkyd and Water Mixable.
    You can go the Winsor Newton website for some basics.

Keith
  3. My_name_1s_MUD New Member

4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Brian,

Here in the Netherlands they call it ECOLINE (Talens is manufacture).
    They are not paints but inks. They are very transparent but are very difficult to remove when dry, specially the red, blue and greens.
    From my opinion don't use them on figure's but you are free to go.
    If you do, why don't you share the experience with us ??

Marc
  5. My_name_1s_MUD New Member

6. pkess Member

I have used the Marshall photo oils but only on faces. For me, they are too translucent for anything else. I paint wet on wet rather then using glazes and washes. Based on the photo, the shadows appear too broad and very grainy. May work in wargaming scales but there are better techniques for large scale figures.