1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Phoenix 54mm Atlantis Girls - Nude

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by redhorse, Mar 20, 2011.

1. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    I had a bit of time to take some more pictures and originally was going to post my first figure. It didn't look good at all though once it was blown up in photos:( So I decided to post these Phoenix and Sanderson 54mm Atlantis figures instead. They are all painted in oils.

Attached Files:

Uruk-Hai, gordy, theBaron and 2 others like this.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    A bevy of bare beauties!

Jay H.
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nice Harem you have.
    Cheers
    John
  4. Whiteraven_2001 Member

United-States
    Could never get a true appraisal of these figures from the catalogs I had. Nicely done!
  5. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    Thanks much for the comments! These were nice little kits, the Phoenix ones in particular.
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    More fantastic work, Jim! Your work is even better than the catalog photos.

Have you thought about tracking down more of the Phoenix Atlantis line, or more of the Follies figures?

Prost!
    Brad
  7. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Brad! Slow but sure, I've been tracking down more of them. Occasionally they come up on ebay and it looks like a French company bought the molds for the 90mm ones. I need to take a few more photos of completed ones and then I've got some more on the workbench about half way finished.
  8. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful stuff!
    Tim Richards is /was one of the best female sculptors there ever was in the mini world. This is wonderful to see; I can't help remembering Philip O Stearns and his collection of these lovely figures...he painted them all the time.
  9. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Phil! I agree about Tim Richards, he's about my favorite. I wish he was still sculpting but from what I can tell, he's only doing pastels these days.
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I'm always after the 54mm Georgian series. They work very well with their contemporary Stadden and Rose castings. Soldierpac had some or all of the molds but they went under a couple of years ago, and I haven't heard since whether anyone has picked the molds up. John Eden may have some of them, too, because his "country fair" sets have some Phoenix Georgians, as well as some Sandersons, if I remember correctly.

And to say nothing of the diorama accessory pieces--I miss Phoenix!

Prost!
    Brad