1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

pfp3b JMD Aviator bust group paint: post your pics here

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Wendy, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Here's the topic to post the pics of your painted Aviator bust.

If you started painting him before the group paint, feel free to post pics anyway - the time frame doesn't matter all that much. The point is seeing different versions of the figure. The deadline is October 31, but there's a good possibility for an extension since I don't know if I'll be done painting him by then.

I decided to convert mine. (It was done with much trepidation and it took a minute with exacto in hand before I began chipping away at the hat.) There's still some work to do on the folds in back and the brooch on the cloak, but here's a progress pic. He is now Peregrin Took. (Edit: I should have dusted him off before taking a pic!)

Attached Files:

• pip.JPG
      pip.JPG
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Lovely conversion Wendy. He looks like a perfect Pippin to me. Will you do the Lorien brooch?
  3. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Tony. Yup. The book describes the brooch as "a green leaf veined with silver" so the design is pretty open. I just don't want to make it too similar to the movie's design.
  4. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Very good conversion idea for this bust! Hoping to see more
    Regards
    FeR
  5. Einion Well-Known Member

Wow, that's some brave carving Wendy! The hood looks great. I was only planning on changing the eyebrows :D

No Dremel? FWIW I think it's well worth getting a Dremel or similar for doing this kind of thing. Eventually becomes an essential part of the kit, you wonder how you ever lived without one!

Einion
  6. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Looking good so far, Wendy. I've finally gotten around to reading the LoTR. I'm nearing the end of the Two Towers now. Anxious to see this come along and good to have seen you in Chicago last weekend!

Matt
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great stuff Wendy
  8. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Wendy.
    Here's my one which i painted a wee while ago.
    Brian

Attached Files:

9. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Nice job Brian! He looks great! :)

Thanks for the comments guys. :)
  10. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    The thought "I really need to get a dremel" crossed my mind with every flick of the wrist and every bandage applied. :rolleyes:
  11. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Here is my "Fool of a Took". Having not painted a bust before that wasn't "The Tick", I plan to work on him some more. I figured I should at least post something even though it's after the supposed deadline. If you're working on this bust, just be sure to post it here when you finish. :)

Attached Files:

12. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Wendy,
    Looks good.
    Cheers
    John
  13. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Just a bump. Let's say the deadline is Jan. 31, 2010. :)
  14. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wendy, somehow I missed this one. What a great little conversion! Fun piece for sure!

Jay H.
  15. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Oh man how did I miss this thread. I will have to post some photos of the Katharine Stinson I had been working on and this gives me a reason to finish it.