1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Permission to speak freely..Sir

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wayneb, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    What do we do with all our valued sculpture and art that we have spent hours
    thinking and processing , producing and collecting that sit on our shelves? No kids...No youngsters or relatives we know with a creative bone in their body or an appreciation of art....Now I ask you;..Do you think this is a valid question ?
  2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think I may have said this before, but my stuff lives in a box, only sees light of day at shows, does the show circuit for a year or so, then gets moved on, either sold or given away - Im not in the least bit precious about my work!!!(y)
    Wayneb and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  3. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I'm not talking about "only" miniatures....I'm talking about art ......
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's an easy one. I don't have any....
    Wayneb and blaster like this.
  5. Ferris A Fixture

We hope it will finally be properly appreciated in a few hundred years and sell at huge sums of money. There may even be books about you.
    sd0324 and Wayneb like this.
  6. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    A few hundred years??!!!! Are you kidding me????? I might be dead by then..........................................................................................
    Ferris likes this.
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Get vaccinated with mRNA. You’ll grow rabbit ears and live forever.... :)
  8. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    That's scary.....I've already had three shots and my wiener is shrinking.....One more and I might grow a snatch......:(
  9. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I'm going to have my stuff buried with me, to puzzle archeologists in the future. "Obviously, this was a person of high rank. See how he had an army interred with him, to guard him in the afterlife. We do not understand the images, but they probably had religious significance..."

Prost!
    Brad
  10. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I read in the "National Equirer" that worms like resin and white metal.... I say "starve the worms"...........
    theBaron and Giwe like this.
  11. The Riveteer Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Who cares? Once you're gone you either won't exist to care or worry about it, or you'll be sipping nectar in Elysium. It's just an existentialist problem. The person that needs to worry about it is the partner or beneficiary that gets lumbered with the stuff.
    When I'm starting to fade I think I'll just order a big skip.

David
  12. bigtodd Active Member

United-States
    Mic Drop!!!!!!
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    This is the kind of stuff of reality; That really makes you think. Does anything we do today really matter tomorrow...... No, it doesn't..... Slap some paint on something that trips your trigger and enjoy the process.

Wayne
  14. TonyL Member

United-Kingdom
    Whenever I tell someone I'm leaving one of my figures to them when I've gone they kind of look quizzical (Like what the f--- do I want that for!) then pretend to look interested and pretend to be a bit grateful but you can tell they don't give a shit. I think everyone who isn't into this game just doesn't get it at all do they? :)
    Wayneb likes this.
  15. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Yep... you nailed it Tony....To quote the words of Alan Parsons..." Do what what you need to make you feel better"......"Doctor Tarr and professor Fether"....

Wayne
    TonyL likes this.
  16. David Spencer Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cabinets on the wall.
    I'm not allowed to make any more (cabinets), says 'er indoors.
  17. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Strip all the paint off of the figs and give them away to young figure painters just starting out. They are expensive to buy and they'd appreciate them. The Art can be donated.
    Gary
  18. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Young Figure Painters?........
    Are there any out there?........With the interest.....The creative desire....the determination.....the will to do something artistic besides electronics and video games?.........My good friend and neighbor told me ....Wayne, whatever you do....Don't get old. ....................Just an artistic rant I thought I would donate.

Wayne
    David Spencer likes this.