1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Perhaps A New Star Is Bor... Chronos Miniatures

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Zastrow.cuirassier, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    I just receive from a friend in Russia a wonderful 54mm figures, from CHRONOS MINIATURES.
    Musketeer infantry regiment, Sweden 1708-21

You remenber Sir Bernard Law Montgomery, from TARTAR MINIATURES in 120mm ?
    It's the same sculptor
    IGOR KORDYUKOV
    Do not forget this name, a new Great (Star) sculptor is born, 120mm, 54mm...everything seems possible for him...
    Make your own opinion with the attached files, photos of the figure i had received.
    For the brand, superb quality casting, a resin quite perfect, clear box, a critic, no color instructions...
    First, photos from CHRONOS :
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    For the open box, look the attached files...
    I forgot, there's 2 head dress in the box.
    The most difficult with this figure is perhaps finding doc....
    Highly recommended !
    And to IGOR, thanks for this wonderful figure !(y)

Attached Files:

tbolt7, jerry, captnenglish and 2 others like this.
  2. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    very nice sculpt.
    interesting
    Pascal
  3. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Just for helping you in painting :
    [IMG]
    And look at the thread from CHRONOS!
    jerry, napoleonpeart and Edward like this.
  4. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    LOL you got to be kidding - this Star has been shining for years now, you just looked the other way. Search on PF or look at Igors blog and you will see all top quality releases and private work he has done.

With regards to reference materials - speak to CHRONOS ( Dmitry) on PF - he as a commissioner has full references given to sculptor.

Here is the box art for the figure:
    http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/swedish-musketeer-of-an-infantry-regiment-1708-21.53553/
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi to all ,

This is a real nice piece love the choice of heads ..either is great .....you are certainly right Igor is a real talent .......looking forward to more from him .

This is tempting me away from busts for a while .

Nap
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good sculpt, I'm sure the casting will be good.

Marc
  7. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Hi Gaudin, i know that's IGOR KORDYUKOV has been "shinning" for years now.
    My open box and my opinion on my post is just for people have a look on the real product, not photos from brand owners.
    About sculptor, it's like singer, for a period you have somes at the top and others are forgotten.
    An example, a lot of article about M.CORRY, Carl REID, but not a lot about Alan Ball !!! Strange !
    This forum is also made to have a look on what is selling, there's not a lot of open box or review on magazine or figures forum.
    Regards.
    Z.C
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    There are however many painting options depending what regiment you may want to portray.
    Here is an example of the uniforms for the different regiments at Narva.
    Its in Swedish but I think you will get the idea.
    http://www.tacitus.nu/karoliner/slag/Narva/svenskar.htm

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  9. CHRONOS A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    The color table on regiments

Attached Files:

• 064.jpg
      064.jpg
      File size:
      258.5 KB
      Views:
  10. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I understand what you mean.
    Some Russian forum I learnt from has this feature where they post articles about sculptors - who they are, how they started, their interests , their path if you like and " hobby biography"

I think it would be extremely interesting to do a feature on PF - say once a month or a every 3 month to select a person and tell people about Masters and invite them to answer questions that people may have.That is, if Masters are willing to be involved and de-anonymised to a degree.

I find Igor Kordukov very interesting - did you know he is/ used to be a doctor (for example).

Shall we do a poll to see what people think?
  11. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Hi Gaudin you right, it's a good idea to make a poll.
    Also discover scul^tor from all the world !
    If igor read this review, it will be great if he contact us and tell us how he is, what is working on etc....
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Blimey that's some serious detail on a 54mm excellent work

Steve
  13. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Thanks Uruk-Hai (y) for the link you gave to us (http://www.tacitus.nu/karoliner/slag/Narva/svenskar.htm), jsut for people how wants to have a look on the differents colors used i put a little bit of that you can find on this link, with google, no problem for translation :
    Swedish uniforms at the Battle of Narva
    At the Battle of Narva, the Swedish regiments probably following uniforms and numerärer. Uniform Data are from Lars-Eric Hoglund while strength data comes from General Staff Office " Charles XII on the battlefield " and Margus Laidres book " Victory at Narva ". Hoglund's book mentions only really what colors the different uniforms and garments were not so much about the cut of the uniforms. I've been with a few isolated exceptions made ​​regiments on this page with the uniforms that have the same average as the classic Carolinian uniform (also called the young Carolinian uniform). But as early as in 1700, the real uniforms still have had left a lot of older features such as hats, but three edges and coats that have not folded skirt. The battle paintings depicting the Battle of Narva suggest this and their contents described in more detail further down the page. There, I also have a longer description of the Finnish tremänningsinfanteri whose uniforms on this page is highly speculative. To give an example of how an older hat model might have looked, I have depicted the guard corps with such. This corps is also depicted with older hats in a copperplate depicting Karl XII and August the Strong meal at Altranstadt 1706th Life Guards hats seem however to have been triangular at this time because they are depicted with such a battle painting depicting the transition of Düna 1,701th
    Infantry
    [IMG]
    Life Guards

1700 it
    six battalions
    [IMG]
    Dalregementet

661 one
    two battalions
    [IMG]
    Hälsingland Regiment
    568 one
    two battalions
    [IMG]
    Västmanland Regiment
    556 one
    three battalions
    [IMG]
    Narke-Varmland regiment
    732 one
    two battalions

[IMG]
    Turku, Pori & Nyland tremänningar
    360 man
    one battalion

[IMG]
    Hämeenlinna and Vyborg & Savo tremänningar
    379 man
    one battalion

Also attended a Finnish regiment composed of 933 male spread over 4 battalions composed of contingents from the following regiments:

[IMG]
    Turku

[IMG]
    Pori

[IMG]
    Hämeenlinna

[IMG]
    Vyborg

[IMG]
    Savo

[IMG]
    Uusimaa

napoleonpeart likes this.
  14. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Not sure about the proportions, the right foot seems too be way to big, or maybe is the photo...
  15. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Hi Debrito, seeems to be the photos.....:(
    I'm not a Robert Capa :cry:
  16. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Im glad to be able to contribute. Just let me know if theres anything more.

Also worth mentioning that Finland was part of Sweden and many regiments where mustered there. The finns had and still have very good reputation as brave soldiers.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  17. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Who's Alan Ball ? o_O we're talking about Igor Kordyukov here ?

This is a truly superb 54mm figure, of a subject that was long overdue to be released as a commercial figure, a soldier of the northern wars ! Very nice, congratulations ! (y)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  18. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Hi Johan, you right we are talking about Igor Kordyukov, the message with Alan BALL was just an answer to GAUDIN.
    Regards.
    Z.C
  19. steve j Active Member

England
    like it a lot nice to see something different