1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Perhaps a dumb question but...

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Hullebullen, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Hullebullen New Member

...what's the difference between the Standard, Elite & Gold box offerings from Pegaso? More parts, better sculpts or what?
  2. callum Member

Hey Hullebullen,

Just the price as far as I can work out :angry:

Regards Callum.
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hej Fredrik!

I dont have a clue but on the recent german knight Im puttning together theres an optional head and this figure is in the Gold serie. On the other hand, Strickland as I did recently is in the Elite series and I didnt see any perticular about that figure?

Cheers
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Frederik,

Almost my figures are from Pegaso, just before they are so nice and clean casted. And the fitting is excellent.
    The Gold Box is most at the time two heads, and a great base. The base is also in white metal. So it is very heavy.
    The standard is just a base (nothing more or less than for put the feet in) and one head.
    I must say, beside's the more money it is worth every euro.

Marc
  5. Hullebullen New Member

Hmm...the price increase seem a little steep if you're only getting an extra head...

...I just got a couple from the elite series (Myrmillo gladiator & Italian knight) and the fit was nearly 100% plus superb casting (but you guys already knew that, huh ;) ). They are my first Pegaso's and I'm really psyched about painting them. My only fear is that my paintjob will not match the pricetag on these guys... :eek:
  6. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Hello Frederik,

I think it's best to begin with a figure that is not too difficult, but a good casting and a good fit are priority to begin with to do a good paintjob.

And don't worry about that pricetag. 75% of us pay to much money on figures that will never stand a chance on a conquests, so...

I paint about 10 years now, and still learning, everybody knows at here that I pay to much money for my figures (surely my wife :lol: ), so I would say: it's better to begin with a good base too start with.

Cheers,

Eddy.
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I agree with Eddy!

Its easier to paint a good figure than than a not so good figure.
    Everyting has to do with practise, trial and error, feedback and inspiration from other painters.

A good start if you could get your hands on a copy of Shepherd Paines book about figures.

I did that Mermillio a while ago.
    Click me gentle

Cheers
  8. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Frederick, Jan and Eddy are both exactly right, and Frederick don't forget, you'll never paint a bad figure into a good one. Although I've painted a few good figures into bad ones :lol:

Seriously though, we have a saying in England, "You'll never make a silk purse out a sow's ear." Really this means that if you start off with a rubbish figure, no paint job in the world will actually make the figure any better.

Just enjoy the whole process, that's the main thing!
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have painted many Time Machine figures and find them to be of excellent quality. They are on the small side compared to Pegaso, but fun to paint.