1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pelikan Plaka Question

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by moore, Nov 24, 2018.

1. moore Active Member

United-States
    I had inherited 4 bottles many years ago of this product.
    I looked online and didn't see that it goes bad, except of course if
    it dries up. Was this a popular product a long time ago for figures ?

I am getting ready to toss it in the trash.. I have never used it.

Thank you
    Dee
  2. Old Pete Active Member

Scotland
    Hi Dee.
    I have used Plaka for years I now use it for all my undercoats since moving to oils.I have some that must be over 10 years old as a little go,s a long way they will last for ever as long as they dont dry out even then you can grind them and add water and they are almost as good as new.
    George
  3. moore Active Member

United-States
    Hi George, Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to keep the 4 I have.. I may even try them out. I did read they were water based. These have plastic
    snap on lids.. but they seem to just be thick. I am an oil painter so will see about using as an undercoat and once in a while I will do some areas in acrylic.

Thank you again
    Dee
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

Attached Files:

5. moore Active Member

United-States
    Thank you for that link....

Dee
  6. Old Pete Active Member

Scotland
    As an oil painter I find they do,nt dry as slick as acrylics and give the oils a better grip.If you just cover the surface with a little water they will last for ever just do,nt let them dry out
    George
    moore likes this.