1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Pegaso's Venetian Admiral

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Patrick Kamsma, Sep 9, 2014.

1. maxag Active Member

Brazil
    Beautiful work
  2. Rauko Din Member

Spain
    Very nice work.
  3. Patrick Kamsma Active Member

Netherlands
    Thanks guys. All those years of hard work and following courses somehow payed off and came together in this bust.
    I followed a workshop at Goetz' place couple of weeks ago and he pushed me on the right track.

A for the colormixes you asked for:
    Fleshtones: Oils over an acrylic pinkish basecolor. I made an oil basecolor with W&N Gold Ochre and Mars Violet Deep and a tip of Naples Yellow.
    For the highlights more Naples Yellow and white were added. As for shadows I added Mars Violet Deep to the basemix and some Indigo Blue for tones.

Hair: Oils over a acrylic light brown basecolor. First I did a wash of Cassel Earth to get an idea of the creases and depth of the hairs.
    Then I made a pallet with Cassel Earth (Van Dyke brown), Burnt Umber, Raw Umber, Naples Yellow and white and paint the highlights and shadows. I didn't blend the colors together, just some smooth blendings on some places.
    When everything was dry, I gave the overall a wash with Cassel Earth in the dark areas and a wash with Burnt Sienna for the lighter parts to tone down the bright colors and give it a more warm blonder look.

Greetings
    Patrick
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful paintwork,the reds look beautiful as does the face as well,great work