1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Pegaso's 90mm Guan Yu

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Jul 29, 2012.

1. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    This is really going good
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work so far.
    Like the groundwork to.

marc
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ken and Marc, Thanks for your comments guys, glad you like it so far
    Ben
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    The groundwork looks awesome Ben. I can't wait to see the water effects.
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Ok, back again, I have now attached the horse to the base and added the grass effects, I also changed the log as this one worked better with the overall appeal. It is ready at this stage for adding the water to the creek bed. IMG_5938.JPG IMG_5939.JPG IMG_5940.JPG IMG_5941.JPG
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. Mark S Guest

Looking good, Ben.
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I have also been working on Guan Yu himself. I have done the pattern work around the edge of the "kimono", also I added more shadowing and highlights to it also IMG_5960.JPG IMG_5961.JPG IMG_5962.JPG IMG_5963.JPG .
    As I didnt like the yellowness of the inside of the kimono, I really washed it out by using overlaying lighter shades with oils. You can also see that I have attached the head. I am pretty happy with him at his stage now.
    Ben
    Tarracus and ChaosCossack like this.
  8. Mark S Guest

Very nice, Ben. Love the detail in the patterned edging.
    Looking forward to seeing the final result.
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Ben
    The horse looks awesome... great character, he looks right pissed off :mad: Love the green on the kimono, beautiful tone.

Cant wait to see this fully assembled

Colin
  10. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Mark, thanks for your comments, I am happy with the edging now, the outside section came easily but the inner pattern was done several times until I was happy. I have been working furiously over the weekend to get him done for our WASMEX show in two weeks. More photos soon hopefully.
    Ben
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hey there Colin, cheers for the comments and glad you are liking him, I think it is all coming together now, fingers crossed. Its a big kit to work on, lots of intracate parts.
    Ben
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Outstanding work all around.
    I love it when a plan comes together! (free to hannibal ----A team)
    Therefore I'm looking forward to your next pictures.

Marc
  13. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Marc, glad for your comments, great quote too. More pics soon.
    Ben
  14. Tarracus A Fixture

The whole thing is progressing nicely. The kimono looks great!(y)
    Gerard
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hey Ben,

Coming along very nicely mate. Really lifting the bar again with that intricate pattern around the fringe of the kimono mate. The horse looks spectacular. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Hope you get it finished in time. Only 2 weeks to go!!
  16. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Ben, it's all coming together nicely! This is going to be a stunner when it's done. Can't wait to see it at WASMEx.
    Your painting is top notch (as always), and the groundwork with water is really going to add to the drama of this figure.
    Great work, mate!
  17. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Gerard, glad you like it at the moment. Hoping to wrap this one up soon
    Ben
  18. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Guys, Barring a major mishasp (touch wood), this one will be done for WASMEX
    Cheers
    Ben
  19. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Great job!!!!! Nice Base, the horse is also very nice and of course the figure is coming along nicely!! Vibrante colours, it will give a nice look to the piece. Keep on the great work, waiting to see more!

Best Regards
    Pedro
  20. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for that Pedro, your comments are welcome. Hope to have more pics soon
    Ben