1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso's 54mm Mamelouk

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Jim Patrick, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Last but not least, I bring you Pegaso's 54mm Mamelouk Officer, 1805-1815.

[IMG]

In this box you will find a total of 27 parts. That's a lot for a 54mm figure making this more of a kit than a figure. This figure is sculpted by my personal favorite Victor Konnov. This guy must be insane. You have to see the detail he puts in a figure that is only 54mm. You would expect to find these details in a larger scale but not 54mm. Painting a figure sculpted by Victor is easy because you don't have to exagerate anything. It's all there. Difficult? Yes! But it's all there. There is a little flash present on some parts of this fogure but nothing that can't be overcome with a little effort.

[IMG]

Mamelouks are some of my favorite uniforms. They are so rich in color and can really stand out at a show (if I can paint it well). Information on these cavalrymen is hard to come by as far as uniform colors go. Pegaso did a very good job on this in their painting guide included with the kit. Assembly and painting need to be thought out carefully on this figure because you can find a disaster on your hands pretty easily if you don't. How do the parts fit together? Without ANY clean up I put the major parts together without any adhesive save for the two arms. Here I used some trusty "blue sticky stuff" and that was it. You can see for yourself the level of casting displayed by pegaso here.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Did you really think I'd stay away from my Napoleonic figures that long? :lol:

Til next time,
    Jim Patrick
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  3. Hyades New Member

Wow, Jim! A fantastic kit!

I really appreciate you and other planetfigureteers taking the time to write out these mini-reviews and post such excellent pics! It really makes choosing which figures to do next since our eyes are always bigger than our wallets.

Please do keep us updated, Jim, on your progress. I'm really looking foward to how this piece will come out! Thanks!

Nancy
    aka Hyades
  4. olly_usafsoc New Member

WOW! what agreat day, first i get my computer back and next i find a review of a figure i just love! :lol: :)