1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Several new releases from Pegaso this month

Pegaso Web site

54-206
    Iroquois Warrior
    54mm white metal
    sculpted by Giami LaRocca
    Painted by Emiliaro Lacobacci

[IMG]

Imperial Guard, Empress Dragoons Officer 1806-15
    54mm white metal
    sculpted by Maurizzio Bruno
    Painted by Daniel Ipperti

[IMG]
  2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Lovely figures once again from Pegaso. I'm certainly getting the Dragoon.
  3. Bruno New Member

Hi, I just have a look on the Pegaso Iroques figurine. I'm happy that Pegaso provides now figurines of Nort American Indians in the superb Pegaso sculpting and castin quality. The figurine is excellent sculpted by Gianni La Rocca!

There are onyl two small things they should be cahnged. The knifesheet is surely not Iroquoise, also the Moccasins are not Iroquoise style.
    If someone would like to make a correct Iroquoise warrior he shlould replace the knife sheet by a knife sheet haging over the neck, with the typical Qillwork design of the Iroquise. I just prepare an articel for Historical Miniature on my figurine "The Taking of Mary Jemison" were I will show a photo of such a knife sheet.
    The Woodland Indians of this time had also a different style of moccasins, the moccasins were in a more pointed shape and decorated with the typical "narrow wave and circele designe". I will also show a photo of suche original moccasins.

To change this parts is not difficult, than you have a excellent and historically correct Iroquoise warrior in your collection.

I hope this information ist helpfull for the other members of plante figure

Best greatings from Germany

Bruno
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Inspite of the flaws (all of which can be fixed easily) pointed out by Mr. Schmaling, I think the Iroqouis figure is classic and it reminds me of the artwork I grew up looking at.
  5. Bruno New Member

Hi Mathew,
    I agree, is on of the best 54 mm figurines on Native Americans and will be fun to paint!

Best greatings

Bruno
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bruno, Though the belt/ waist sheath on this figure is inaccurate in design, it would not be inacurrate for him to have one. Additionally he would have looked better with a trade musket instead of what appears to be a military musket. I would also fix the leggings so they do not droop as much. The breech cloth (the piece of material between his legs) is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to long. I would cut it's length in front and back in half.

Aside from those items it's a great figure. I love the pose.~Gary
  7. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I was kind of hoping you would chime in Gary. I thought the breech cloth was too long as well. It's more reminescent of an Apapche one. I like the look of the figure, but share your same concerns. None of the problems would be difficult to fix.
  8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

You all can say what you want about the Indian, I am spending my dollars on the Imperial Guard! ;) :lol: I have no idea if it is correct or not but think it will be fun to paint.

Joe
  9. Bruno New Member

Hi Gary,

you are correct. I overlooked the belt.
    I don't know anything about 18th century Muskets, so I don't know the type. I agree that it is much more likely that he would have a trade musket.

For the breech cloth, it is longer like in many paintings and drafts, but finally it was the decision of the single man which lengths he preveres. But for an Woodland Indian I would also cut it. For the painting I would perhapes add some narrow metal rings on the breec cloth, which was populare to have.
    I agree also that it would be better if the leggings are don't drop so much. If he had to run, he would get problems.

But compared with the "Indians" of other Companys this figurine it is a good basic and the changes are not so difficult.

Thank's again for your comments, that the way to make things better and to help not to overlook some details.

Best regards

Bruno
  10. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    (y) I'm with Joe.

Jim Patrick