1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Pegaso Vexillifer 75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Great work Tony,
    looks like the WASMEx fairy got you lots of godies to fill out the shelves at home!!

I like the way you share paints and method for finishes!

Cheers
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jamie

Loads of goodies from WASMEx to replenish the ranks of my Grey Army, which one by one will be introduced to you all on my Vbench.

Here's the first pic of the vexillum (standard) to be carried by the Vexiller.

The image of the flying horse belong to the 2nd legion (Leg II) Aduitrix. Still work work to be done of the metal and leather attachments and the wooden shaft.

Then I plan to glue the arms to the body and start to integrate the colours into the main figure, and then start on the base and groundwork.

IMG_5566.JPG
    Aveleira, Tarracus, Mark S and 2 others like this.
  3. Mark S Guest

Nice banner Tony, well done indeed.
    That'll get the barbarians running for the hills, a banner that says "leg it"!!...........sorry mate I suffer from pathological corniness.
    Anyhow skilled brush work, mate.
    Tarracus likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That banner looks perfect. Maybe some deeper shades into the deepest part of the folds.

marc
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Latest WIP pics for you;) IMG_5567.JPG IMG_5568.JPG
  6. Mark S Guest

Beautifully done, Tony. That shield design is a corker, it's going to be a very nice addition to your Roman collection when finished.
    Don't forget that Lion muzzle just for me......cheers.
  7. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Nice work Tony, like it. Cheers
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work on Pegasus Tony.
    Carl.(y)
  9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Tony.
  10. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Looks GREAT Tony!!! I like it a lot, the standard, the tones of skin, lion, reds, shield.
    Excellent work! As for the leg hair I think you've done well! I don't believe this guys on campaign had much time to remove them.
    Even knowing that they used in the baths one type of sickle ( is that the name?) to help clean the bodies, and I think would remove the hairs also, doesn't mean that they had always clean bodies.
    I'm in favour in painting more hair in figures, in legs, arms, face.

Regards
    Pedro
  11. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Brilliant paint job Tony .Probably your best yet.
    Brian
  12. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great work tony,I like the colours you used on the pelt,the shield looks very nice as does the standard,looking forward to seeing it completed mate :)
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good paintwork.
    As i said before: the banner needs some deeper shade into the deepest folds. (maybe the colors are washed out).
    That shield is a stunner.

marc
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Mark, Andrew, Carl, Grant, Pedro, Snads, Brian and Marc, thanks very much for all your comments guys.

Marc, the banner looks fine in real life. My photos have washed out the colours.

I'm working on the base and groundwork over the next couple of days and will post some pics of the finsihed piece on my VBench shortly.