1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso Swiss Captain By Mike

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike - The Kiwi, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Face uses Vallejo flesh acrylics very much like Jaume Marc, except I substitued Cadmium Red Umber for the red tones in the face around cheeks, chin & around mouth. Brown toning is from Sunny Skin tone. Probably took me almost 10* hours to do the face & hands at least.

More over at MedRom.

Mike

Michael J Butler
    Host MedRom Forum
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/medrenfig/start
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Robert my friend you are the guy doing the inspiring, with your Commodus keeping me going ;-)

Thanks for the kind comments and you are right the box art does not do justice to this figure, however it is almost 20 years old so sometimes you have to look past this - 'don't judge a figure by it's boxart' :)

Happy you like the detail on the figure as I know this is something that I've admired on your work too. Yep face is tiny & you never quite know what will come out of it as you flick the paint around, but a few sculptors like Adrianno, Roger Saunders & Andrea Jula really can capture the character of an individual, it just needs paint to bring it too life. Not sure if you knew but Mike Blank used to use lots of heads by Adrianno - he had a spares pack directly from him and swore by them.

Best away too work.

Kindest regards,

Mike

Michael J Butler
    Host MedRom Forum
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/medrenfig/start
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mike,
    Great job and interesting colours.
    Cheers
    John
  4. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Yes I can only with all the above, like your yellows and character in the face.

Thanks for sharing, RobH.
  5. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi John & Rob,

Glad you like him, lot of effort has gone into this little guy and without photos would not be appreciated.

Take care,

Mike
  6. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Really good painting
    Regards
    FeR
  7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Fernando, nice to receive your compliments. I was impressed by your Girona figure too. I do hope your show goes well.

Kind regards,

Mike
  8. Von Hullesem Member

United-States
    well done! very pleasure the treatment of face..
  9. jjgurk Member

United-States
    That is really superb Mike.
    John
  10. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Fantastic paintwork Mike!

Marcel.
  11. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
  12. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Fantastic painting Mike with very realistic colours.

Cheers David
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  13. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Well you might not see this for a while at least :eek: but I have to acknowledge you here as well!!

As i said elsewhere, this is REALLY IMPRESSIVE to say the least!!!

Bravo again and again and again!!!!

Ray ;)
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.