1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso-Russian Archer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Brad S, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Brad S Member

Hey Guys - Just finished this over the last 3 months or so. I layed out about 9-10 kits on the table asked my wife which one I should paint. And whatever she picked, I had to do, no questions asked and no whining. Just do it. It was a little more complicated for me than usual, but not too bad. A lot of prepainting before assembly then touch up afterwards.

Painted in all acylics, mostly vallejo. I had a little trouble with the shield trying to find a suitable design.

Hope you enjoy the pics, all critiques are welcome and thank you for looking.

Brad Spelts\

http://www.kitpic.com/is.php?i=32266&img=Rus1.JPG
    http://www.kitpic.com/is.php?i=32267&img=Rus2.JPG
    http://www.kitpic.com/is.php?i=32268&img=Rus3.JPG
    http://www.kitpic.com/is.php?i=32269&img=Rus4.JPG
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brad, Your looks good.I'm sure the shield was tough to do. So has your wife picked out the next project. :) ~Gary
  3. Brad S Member

Gary - Thanks for the reply. And, yes, she actually has. And even though I would like to try my hand at some small conversion work again, she has pick out the 'Moment in time' vignette by Michael Roberts. I will also work on a bust by Thorel Models(?) / Resicast(?) that is absolutely beautiful that I got for $5.00 at the World Expo.

Brad Spelts
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work Brad!
    best regards
    christos
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Brad.
    I like it.

marc
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Brad. I have this little jewel myself and you have motivated me to bring it down from the shelf.
  7. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Nicely done, Brad. What did you use for the bow string?
  8. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Nice work, Brad. I think you'll enjoy that Moment in Time piece too.
  9. Kyle Member

United-States
    Kudos, Brad, to a great execution. I particularly like the metals on the helmet (did you just use acrylics, or some printers inks too?) and the colors on the clothing. Also, I think you've done a nice, subtle job on the groundwork. That snow really looks dirty - nice job!

Great work,

Kyle ;)
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great stuff Brad! Love the snow and the colors for the piece. What bust are you about to tackle? I would love to see it. A bite of the "virtual badwich" to you! Keep it up!

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. Brad S Member

Everyone - Thank you for your replies.

Christos, Marc, PJ - Glad you guys liked it. The 'Moment in time' looks awesome.

Guy - This is right up your alley. Overall fit is good. Cleanup is minimal. Only tough spot was making the right arm (bow arm) fit correctly. You have to glue the left arm and let it dry than glue the right arm so that you know its in the proper place and the arrow and everything looks correct. Mine might be a little off.

Paul - What else! A Human hair plucked personally from my own head. I did run a light coat of black paint and some clear flat on it also.

Kyle - The helmet was burnished with a smooth metal rod, then a coat of Tamiya smoke, Some scratches with a sewing needle then fiddled with it with all these methods till it looked to satisfaction.
  12. Brad S Member

Mr. Sambaman Dude! - By the way, I probably wont be in Tulsa for 2007. I have a chance to go on a trip to Boston with my daughter and her middle school. So I better spend this time with her as she enter high school next and who knows what will happen. Any early shows you recommend that happens in these Winter months?

The bust is by Thorel Models (Bilgium). There is a sticker on it from Resicast. 1/10 scale. Ref # THB002 - Le Gentilhomme. Dont have a pic of the box art, but is an awesome sculpted bust. One very small partial seam line. The face was lacking character, so I have extensively reworked the face. Will try to send a pic when I take one.

Here! I will share a bite of my vitual Badwich! Yea Baby!

Brad
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Brad, very nice work, my comliments.

Cheers
    Roc :)