1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso October Releases pt. II

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Jim Patrick, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Ok, found these this morning making the October releases from Pegaso "official", I guess. Strange as usually you see the pictures of the figures LONG before you see the figures. As mentioned in another thread, the figures were seen at Chicago being sold by the vendors. In any case, we have a few additions to the previously viewed new releases. In case you don't remember them, the updated releases can be seen here. Added to them are:

English Paratrooper
    PT-020
    Sculptor: Tony Williams
    Painter: Andrea Tessarini
    Scale: 52 mm
    [IMG]

German Squad Leader
    PT-019
    Sculptor: Tony Williams
    Painter: Michele Minucci
    Scale: 52 mm
    [IMG]

Also, you will notice Pegaso has begun releasing wood bases. These will be interesting to see as far as quality goes. As soon as one of you are the first to get these, please post some pictures of them up here for all to see. More views can be found by going to Pegaso's Website.

Jim Patrick
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I've been collecting a lot of 1/35th brit paras lately(mostly resicast), and this looks like one of the coolest.
  3. Pete_H New Member

Jim,
    You saw these on sale in Chicago? I wish I had ;) I think these will look great with Hornet heads on them. I particularly like the Brit para because of the unique ammo bandolier he's carrying.
    As for the bases, I wasn't impressed at all by them. You're better off getting some Thomas Arts bases for about, if not less than, what those Pegaso bases are going for.
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Chuck had 'em Pete. Didn't see the bases though. The one I want to see out of the box is the Highlander. Too bad Pegaso seals them otherwise, I would have had that look.

Jim Patrick
  5. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    The figures,are from Platoon and not a Pegaso release,they will be release here in the states very soon at modelmecca.com
  6. John Long Active Member

United-States
    The Mp40 pouches on the German look small to me. The para looks good. Excellent pose.
  7. Pete_H New Member

You're right - the pouches do look out of proportion with the MP40. Regardless of the scale, the pouches do look a bit too "flimsy" in the report.
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Platoon is a Pegaso series for resin WWII figures so finally it is Pegaso , and the quality standards are Pegaso's. As for the Highlander that i have already been cleaning for painting , is one of the coolest figures. The face is excellent and the rest of the sculpture work perfect as always Maurizzio Bruno's works are. Definately a must have piece .