1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Pegaso Mirmillo/Thracian 200mm bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gellso, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Awesome job Grant, he looks amazing.
  2. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb Grant, all came together nicely.

Ron
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Grant

You sound 'half empty' on the quality of the bust but you have to pleased with your end product. Lovely work, mate.(y)

Paul
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Grant,i love,love,love it mate,i've got this on my euro shopping list and having seen yours i'm not sure if i can wait 8 weeks,i've always loved this bust since it first came out and i have seen some damn good versions and yours is right up there with them mate.
    Dosent matter about the feathers,i'm like you the only fault with pegaso is the small easily damaged parts,i had the same problem with the alexander the great figure,the feathers on that wer'e all distorted and as much as i tried i ended up damaging them,i like the real feather look,and like i've said in previous posts if you like it then thats what counts.
    I'm glad you did'nt shy away from the wound or blood as this figure i feel needs something like that,and the sweat youv'e nailed to perfection,the base is also very nice it goes really well.
    Overall a great result mate,well done - (y)(y)

Brian
  5. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks all for the comments.
    Brian, don't be shocked when you see how small this bust is compared to similar scales. The box it comes in is also tiny, compared to the Youngs stuff. Make sure you physically and closely look at the actual bust before you buy it.
    thanks again,
    Grant
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice work Grant, the fleshtones are very well done with sunburned look.:)
    Overall, you done an wonderful painting.(y)
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Grant,i know what you mean about the small boxes,i recently painted the mexican revolutionary bust,yes they are quite small compared to young's,i'll still take your advice and have a look over it before i buy it,but i've liked it for so long now i just want it in my collection mate,i was well pleased when you posted yours,i wanna get the spartacus DVD's out again now.

Brian :)
  8. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    Thracian looks almost alive .. Superb paint job.
  9. Danis Active Member

Greece
    amazing painting.. i dont know what to say.. speechless
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Had another look at this Grant,it is really nice, sweaty look worked well
    how did you achieve this.

I know you had problems with the helm but turned out well in the end.
    there seems to be a bit of a problem with pegaso casting these days
    just little things but considering there price it is annoying .

ronnie
  11. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi there!! this it's just superbly well done and with all the problems that this "bad guy" gave you I must say you have my respect...

Cheers
  12. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Stunning work Grant ,fleshtones,metals all fantastic.

Cheers David
  13. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great work grant,the flesh combined with the sweat is superb,i'm glad you did'nt shy away from the sweat and blood as i do hate that lovely clean / neat apperance that some painters go for.

I know what you mean about the feathers as i had the same problem with their Alexander the Great figure,they are exceptionally poor.

Love the bronze effect of the metals as well.

Great job mate (y)

Brian
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Somewhere I missed this, and i'm glad someone gave him a kick-up.
    Perfect painted bust.

marc
  15. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I know I posted on this one when you originally showed this ,and still think it is one of the best posts of this bust.
    I am not a lover of using real feathers or hair on figures as I think it loses something,
    perhaps "the shading" but given the history of this bust you probably had no other option.
    Still a fantastic paint job Grant (y)

Ron
  16. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Superb paintwork, Grant!
    Ciao by Maco